Bergen's Promise is the Care Management Organization (CMO) for Bergen County. We are non-profit social service agency serving youth ages 5 - 21 and their families. The youth served are challenged by serious behavioral, emotional, mental health, substance abuse issues and developmental disabilities.
We are currently seeking Bilingual Care Managers to join our winning team in a fast-paced work environment. The Case Manager position requires care coordination and crisis work, in community, with children and families in Bergen County NJ. Must be passionate, creative and able to work under supervision and as part of a team. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the youth and families served.
Bergen's Promise was named one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey in 2012 and was recognized in 2016 with an Award for Excellence.
This position will provide YOU with the opportunity to really MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the lives of the children and families we serve.
This position will provide YOU with valuable experience.
This position will provide YOU with many opportunities for professional development.
This position will provide YOU with EXCELLENT benefits.
- Work with all assigned youth to meet Agency/State contract requirements, while adhering to the ‘no eject, no reject’ policy.
- Follow the Wraparound model in all interaction with children and families.
- Work in conjunction with every family to organize and coordinate the development of a Child Family Team which shall consist of a minimum of the following members:
- The youth and parent/caregiver
- Informal and natural supports the youth or family wishes to include
- A representative from the FSO if desired by the family
- A clinical staff member who is directly involved in the treatment of the youth, if desired by family
- Representation from outside agencies the youth is involved with including but not limited to education, probation, DCPP or DDD workers as applicable
- Collaborate with the Family Service Organization (FSO) to initiate caregiver support.
- Attend meetings with involved system partners, including: Court, DCPP, School Systems, Out of Home Placements, etc.
- Emphasize and empower youth and families to utilize informal supports and successfully transition towards independence utilizing sustainable community resources.
- Ensure that all Child Family Team meetings occur within the required time frames.
- Maintain regular contact with service providers to obtain feedback and guidance with regards to the Individual Service Plan and updates within the Individual Service Plan.
- Ensure families obtain and maintain appropriate Medicaid coverage within required time frames.
- Adhere to Medicaid standards and regulations governing targeted case management.
- Ensure that documentation is posted within the electronic record and filed in hard chart within required time frames and compliant with the applicable regulatory standards.
- Ensure that Crisis Plans are complete, timely, accurate, and are submitted to the Care Manager Supervisor within required time frames.
- Ensure that ISPs are strength-based, include both formal and informal resources in addition to being complete, timely, accurate, and are submitted to the Care Manager Supervisor within required time frames.
- Comply with Agency required critical/unusual incident report protocol.
- Provide crisis coverage for all Agency involved youth/families when scheduled; follow Agency on-call protocol.
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience preferably with at-risk or I/DD children and families.
- Experience with Substance Use disorders a plus
- Be energetic and creative
- Culturally competent and responsive
- Experience with community relations, resource development, and Wraparound process
- Proficiency in writing skills
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Bi-lingual - in need of qualified Spanish and Korean-speaking candidate
We offer an OUTSTANDING benefit package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance and AD/D insurance fully paid for by Agency
- Employer-funded pension plan
- Flexible Spending Account, AFLAC supplemental plans, and Long-Term Care plan available
- Credit Union member
- Plum Benefits – discount tickets to concerts, theater, sporting events
- 15% discount on Verizon Land/Cell phone plans
Generous time off including vacation (3 weeks to start), personal, sick time and 13 paid holidays each year.
Starting Salary: $37,000