The American Alliance of Museums seeks an experienced technology professional to join our team. This new position combines traditional IT business application and hardware support with a unique opportunity to contribute to the Alliance’s growing digital content publishing team. As part of a fast-paced, agile work environment dedicated to serving the museum field, this position will ensure the Alliance’s systems are highly available and secure, and that the Alliance is leveraging its digital assets to tell the amazing stories about Museums.
Reporting to the Director of IT and Application Services, the IT and Digital Media Specialist is the point person on all system support from desktops and AV systems to cloud based software and services. Duties include responding to support tickets, documentation of issues/fixes, developing and leading staff trainings, working with vendors on escalation issues, and patching/updating systems. In addition, this position will be the technical lead for AAM’s Content Team and will provide management of all digital media equipment and assets through configuration and administration of the Digital Asset Management System and other media platforms. In addition to support, this position will assist content experts with the leveraging of media through managing, capturing, and editing of digital media (image, audio, video). The position will also work closely with the Director of IT to assist on hardware and software selection and purchases, vendor identification and selection, and budget tracking and creation. Ideal candidate has strong technology support background and willingness to apply these skills to content delivery and other aspects of the Alliance’s work. Career changers welcome.
- Experience supporting desktop, server, and cloud-based IT systems, preferably in a digital media or content publishing organization
- Demonstrated experience supporting both Windows and Mac based systems in a Microsoft Active Directory Environment
- Experience with basic administration of a Microsoft Exchange or Office 365 environment
- Familiarity with Digital Media equipment and software, including video/audio production equipment, Digital Asset Management software, Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Proven track record of exemplary customer service. The ideal candidate enjoys working as a part of a team to achieve shared goals.
- Familiarity with tools to capture and edit digital media (images, audio, video)
- Ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively with professionals from a wide variety of technical backgrounds and career experiences
- Experience with HTML/CSS/PHP desired but not required
- Familiarity with Agile Project Management desired but not required
- Some ability to travel to support conferences and meetings hosted by the organization
Salary is $60s with competitive benefits package.
In order to encourage a broad pool of candidates with various backgrounds to apply and to mitigate any potential implicit bias during our review of applications, we are applying some principles of “blind hiring.” Please follow the directions below when submitting your application materials.
- Submit a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] using “IT and Digital Media Specialist” in the subject line by 3/12/2018. Please do not include your name or address on either document. Please include education but omit school names and graduation years. Include your email address as the only personal identifier on these documents.
- As a part of your cover letter (no more than two pages), please describe a time when you led a training (formal or informal) on the use of a piece of technology or software. What did you learn from the experience? What challenges did you face? What would you have done differently?
Submissions will be reviewed by our hiring team and candidates who are selected for further screening will be contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date above. Due to the large number of applications AAM receives, we can only contact those candidates selected for further screening.