Position: Marketing Consultant
Type: Part-Time Consultant (10-15 hours/week)
OVERVIEW OF NXU
nXu (nxueducation.org) is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to catalyze and equip youth and adults to explore, articulate, and pursue their purpose by leveraging social capital. Overseen by nationally recognized educators including the co-founders of Transcend Education, nXu has developed a research & evidence-based purpose development methodology, curriculum, and program model that can be deployed in-person, online, and on a blended basis. We offer a training program as well as a purpose development curriculum to schools, and they also directly implement programming both online and in person with students both in school and out of school.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
We’re looking for a versatile and creative Marketing Consultant to support our faced-paced organization’s marketing and branding projects with the aim of elevating and growing awareness of purpose development and of nXu’s programming. From strategy and concept development to implementation, the Marketing Consultant will work closely with the nXu team to support a wide range of projects including social media, communications, and branding/marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to organization’s branding, marketing content development, and marketing initiatives related to social media, website, and other external channels
- Draft copy including social media, programming descriptions, newsletters, etc.
- Design and create innovative and engaging content for student and adult audiences to promote nXu programming and initiatives
- Design and implement social campaigns (including visual images) to grow social media accounts
- Design and implement email marketing & branding campaigns
- Manage communications and updates to nXu website on Squarespace
- Support the nXu team in additional areas of marketing and branding as needed
Candidates for this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Belief in nXu’s mission and a passion for helping people explore, articulate and pursue their purpose in life.
- Adaptable and embraces a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up environment.
- Eagerness to support creation and advising of engaging content to support student and adult programming events.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with creative programs such as InDesign and Adobe Photoshop preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-directed and comfortable working with a remote team, often independently.
- Ability to receive and implement feedback.
- Preferably, 2 or more years of experience working in a marketing and/or branding function, ideally in the education industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Current authorization to work in the United States secured by the first day of employment.
nXu offers competitive compensation for this consulting role.
nXu provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Interested applicants should apply at the website below.