Cook Inlet Council on Drug and Alcohol Abuse (CICADA) seeks a compassionate and collaborative leader to serve as its next Executive Director. The Executive Director leads an experienced team of counselors and clinicians dedicated to CICADA’s mission to treat alcohol and drug addiction on Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula.
CICADA offers prevention strategies, clinically proficient treatment, family intervention, and referral services. The ideal candidate for this position will share CICADA’s commitment to guiding our clients through the recovery process and reintegrating them into the community free from the stigma associated with substance abuse.
CICADA is a grant driven organization with a budget in excess of $1M annually and a staff of at least a dozen experienced counselors and clinicians. CICADA seeks a leader with the experience to help define the organization’s new strategic priorities and maintain its current strong financial stability, while coordinating the efforts of staff and board to execute its vision and mission to approach chemical dependency as a treatable disease.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee fiscal management and fiscal policies and procedures to ensure the agency remains in a sound financial position
- Working with staff, ensure programs and services are appropriate and consistent with organizational priorities and mission
- Maintain awareness and compliance with all terms and conditions of contracts, licenses, leases and agreements that involve the operation and maintenance of CICADA
- Promote and maintain cooperative, professional relationships with other community service providers and agencies
The ideal candidate has experience in the nonprofit sector and demonstrates a commitment to high professional ethical standards and brings a variety of experiences and attributes to the organization, including: positive internal and external relationships, effective communication and diplomacy, financial and business acumen, image building and marketing, and an appreciation for and cultural fit with a diverse Alaskan community.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in human service field, business administration or public administration.
- At least 5 years of progressively increasing senior organization leadership experience
- A strong financial understanding and management or oversight of a comparably sized budget and staff, with experience in overseeing internal controls and financial reporting systems
- A compassionate professional who is approachable and possesses a spirit of warmth, humility, and high emotional intelligence
Salary range: $95,000- $105,000 annually DOE. CICADA offers a generous benefits package.
Please send cover letter and current resume to [email protected]
To see the complete position profile please visit https://www.forakergroup.org/site/index.cfm/cboard-view/6882
To learn more about CICADA please visit alaskacicada.org. Applications will be confidential. The position will remain open until filled.
Cook Inlet Council on Drug and Alcohol Abuse is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, or sexual orientation or any other protected class.