Opportunity to support the Deputy Director of MAPS in the strategy, vision, and execution of the organization to accelerate MAPS’ mission to legalize the careful use of psychedelics, transform the way we treat mental illness, and end the war on drugs. You will play a key role in ensuring our internal structures are set up to achieve our most pressing goals.
In this role, you will think strategically and drive a strong agenda of accountability, execution, and delivery. In collaboration with the directors of our teams and our leadership, you will help to align and execute the organization’s objectives.
Working as a trusted advisor, you will collaborate with leadership to serve several cross-functional teams (Finance, Human Resources, Legal, Technology, Strategy and Operations).
LOCATION AND HOURS
This is a remote position that will require for you to have a suitable workspace with secure internet and reliable phone reception are required.
This position requires frequent phone and internet meetings. Certain home office expenses may be reimbursed. A work computer will be provided.
We are a West Coast-based organization and applicants must be available during standard business hours of 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Pacific. Mon - Fri. The exact schedule may be arranged upon hire.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week exempt position.
Support Deputy Director and Project Management Leadership
- Oversee large, often cross-functional, organization-wide projects or initiatives
- Bring together staff and important stakeholders and help drive decisions
- Research, perform benchmarking, analyze data, and make recommendations
- Propose the creation of new systems and processes to streamline operations
- Work with the Deputy Director and leadership team to set strategic priorities and help identify areas where organizational leadership should direct its focus.
- Identify metrics for success, revisit those metrics regularly, and evaluate progress against them
- Assist in financial planning for the organization including ensuring projects are on budget
- Strategically manage the Deputy Director’s priorities and contribute to execution
- Work with leadership team to review external opportunities, including long-term travel and meeting plans, and assess their fit against priorities
- Act as a gatekeeper to ensure the Deputy Director's involvement in project or decision-making processes takes place at key times where their input and authority is most needed
- Prepare the Deputy Director for upcoming meetings by ensuring they have all the information necessary to be productive and engaged
- Oversee meeting follow-up and ensure follow-through by all parties
- Manage the Deputy Director’s internal and external communications
- Bridge communications between Deputy Director and other members of their small knit team and special projects contractors
- Assist with day-to-day coordination and provide support to Deputy Director’s direct reports and other staff as needed
- Set Management Meeting agendas and promote accountability on the meeting action items
Strategic Planning and Alignment
- Assist the annual and quarterly strategic planning processes for the organization by acting as a project manager and ensuring alignment with Deputy Director and leadership team
- Help determine key performance indicators and update leadership team as needed
- Determine staffing and consulting needs to implement strategic plans and vision
- Prepare high-level presentations that will be shown to multi-million-dollar donors
- Maintain lists of funders, stakeholders, and partners with whom the Deputy Director wants regular contact and tee up communications and/or arrange meetings to support ongoing relationship building
- Prepare important meetings by preparing and sending out materials in advance
- Take ownership of Board decks and material and work with MAPS’ directors to ensure Board material is prepared in a timely fashion
- Support the leadership in researching and recruiting new board members and advisors
- Administrative leadership and facilitation of staff meetings
- Drive process improvement wherever possible
- Identify organizational pain points and provide insightful and efficient solutions
- Quickly and efficiently navigate data to drive clarity across department and organization-wide initiatives
Supporting Organizational Goals
- Establish and maintain operational needs and drive actions to completion
- Create and manage the organizational calendar of meetings and virtual events
- Communication and implementation of critical initiatives
- Provide effective counsel on complex organizational matters and projects
- Strong executive presence in representing the organization and effortlessly navigating from strategy to tactical issues
- Preferred, but not required: bachelor's degree in finance or engineering + MBA
- 5+ years of work experience, of which 2+ years in management consulting or as of a Chief of Staff
- Ability to synthesize data and high-level research
- Tech-savvy: strong understanding of Excel, PowerPoint, project management and communication platforms such as Asana, Notion, etc.
- Executive Level Communication Skills: (including decks) and verbal communication is compelling and precise. Explain complex concepts and communicate them briefly, simply and persuasively
- Executional Excellence: You have the organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, high sense of responsibility, and generalist skill set to take on a wide range of high priority tasks in support of the Deputy Director and executive team
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to distill themes from complexity and develop logical frameworks for prioritization
- Excellent collaborative skills with strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and in a fast-paced environment
- Data-driven and comfortable working with large data sets and drawing meaningful insights
- Experience with implementing strategic, large-scale initiatives and projects in a change-oriented, fast-paced environment requiring deadline-driven productivity
- Knowledge of best practices in business operations, service operations, customer support operations, internet/online media
- Compensation: $60,000-70,000 depending on education and experience
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- FSA contributions
- 2 weeks of paid time off
- Retirement contributions
Please go to the following link to apply: https://maps.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=14