1. Information We Collect
Information You Provide
When you create an account, submit your resume, select an employer plan, or actively provide us with other information, you will know what information we are collecting because you are providing it to us.
We collect basic personal information when you create an account or apply for a job, which may include:
- Basic information such as your first and last name, email address
- Your resume (if you provide it to apply for a job)
- Your employer (if you are posting job listings)
- Your employer's address and other employer information
- Your location (city, state and country)
Throughout the course of your interactions with National Nonprofits you may also provide the following types of information:
- Organization Profile. If you create a profile for your organization it may include information about the mission and values of the organization, photos, videos, and links to your organization's social media accounts. All of this information is provided at will by you, for the purpose of informing potential candidates about your organization.
- Job Listing. If you post a job listing it may include information about your organization, the available job opportunity, and contact information for your organization.
- Job Preferences. If you elect to receive Job Alerts delivered to your email we collect your preferences as stated in the saved search, for the sole purpose of sending you relevant job listings.
- Payment Information. If you post a job listing after your free trial has expired, we will collect payment information from you. Your payment information is NOT stored within our Site or otherwise kept by National Nonprofits, instead we use highly reputable third-party payment services who process the payment using encryption and provide us with a token to confirm the payment was successfully processed. We take reasonable steps to ensure that these providers maintain adequate levels of security and do not use or otherwise disclose any information we collect from you except for the purpose of processing your payment on our behalf.
We do not collect any of this information when you visit the Site unless you voluntarily provide the information.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit NationalNonprofits.org, your device is automatically providing information to us to help us respond to you and improve the overall experience of users on the Site. The type of information we collect by automated means may include:
- Technical information about your computer, such as your IP address or other device identifier, and information about your web browser.
- History of usage of NationalNonprofits.org and your interactions with the site (i.e. which pages you visited, which actions you took, time spent on a page, clicks, URLs of referring and existing pages) and other information about how you used NationalNonprofits.org.
- Web Beacons and Log Files. We use "web beacons" (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, tracking pixels, and clear GIFs) on our website. These web beacons allow us to collect information such as the IP address of the device, the URL of the web page, the time the page was viewed, the type of browser used, and any additional information in cookies that may have been set by the third party. The information is typically collected in log files which track traffic. The information also is used for analytical purposes and to manage technical issues that may arise. We do not attempt to identify individual users through this information.
- Cookies. In order to better understand the behavior of Site visitors and users, we keep track of actions that our website visitors take on the site. We use “cookies” (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time at the location from where you access our Site) to make it easier for you to log in when you return to the site, to track information about which pages you visit, and to understand general behavior patterns and trends among Site visitors.
2. How We Use Your Information
We do not disclose your individual account data to third parties. We only use your personal or account information as follows:
- As aggregated usage statistics that cannot be used to identify you individually;
- To include your resume in your job application to an employer you have chosen to apply to;
- To send you Job Alerts based on your preferences, if you have requested them;
- To send you applications for Job Listings you have posted;
- To communicate additional service offerings to you based on your use history;
- To respond to your questions or inquiries;
- To identify areas of interest for our users in general;
- To request feedback from you regarding services you have used.
Please note that we do not sell or trade or provide your personal information to marketing companies or information brokers or any other organizations or individuals for any purpose.
You are welcome to Contact Us with questions or comments regarding this policy or our Service.
3. How To Control Your Information
If you have an individual User Account with NationalNonprofits.org and are using it as a job seeker, your information is not publicly available on our website. It is only shared with a prospective employer if you choose to apply for a job through the Site.
If you have an Organization Account with NationalNonprofits.org and are using it as an employer, all information you publish, including your organization profile, and all Job Listings you post will be viewable on our website. Job Listings will be available to the public for 30 days from the date they are posted, unless you opt to make the listing inactive.
- We take certain steps to ensure that other Site members, third party providers, and employers use your shared information in a manner consistent with your preferences, but we cannot guarantee that they will follow our rules.
- Information you make available to the public via this Site might be re-shared or copied by other individuals and organizations.
- You are able to communicate with potential employers / employees through this Site. In the event you voluntarily disclose personal information using this service, that information, along with any content in your communication, can be collected. If these communications result in unsolicited messages from or improper and unauthorized use of your personal information by third parties, such activities are unfortunately beyond our control.
- Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your preferences, or it was copied or stored by others.
Communications from National Nonprofits
We may send you notifications, promotional communications, or other messages using the contact information (e.g., your email address) you provided to us when you registered or when you requested information from us. You may opt-out of continuing to receive optional messages by following the "Unsubscribe" link included in each message. To stop receiving Job Alerts please log into your account and click on the "Job Alerts" link with the "My Account" dashboard. You release us from any responsibility for communications you do not receive.
We may send you service-related announcements when we believe it is necessary to do so. Generally, you may not opt-out of these announcements, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive these announcements, you have the option to deactivate your account.
We do not send unsolicited messages. If you wish to stop receiving messages from us, you can unsubscribe following the provided link in the email you received.
Close Your Account
If you'd like to delete your NationalNonprofits.org account entirely, you can do so by sending us a message with your request to delete your account via this form: https://nationalnonprofits.org/how-can-we-help? Upon account deletion you will no longer have access to your communication history, organization profile, job alerts, saved jobs, candidates, payment history, or any other information associated with your account and its history. Any personal information collected will be deleted from our active databases but may remain in our archives for legal and back-up purposes, as permitted by applicable law.
Please note that inactive job titles remain publicly available with a notice at the top that identifies them as inactive and directs job seekers to similar listings. Organization profiles remain publicly available unless you specifically request otherwise.
4. Protecting Your Information
We do our best to keep your information secure, but you must also actively participate in the process of keeping your information safe.
We keep your account information on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (like your password), the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also reserve the right to analyze accounts for fraudulent or irregular behavior and we may limit use of site features in response to possible signs of abuse.
You can reduce the inherent risks associated with using the Internet by exercising common sense and discretion: for example, you should choose a strong password, use different passwords for different websites and services, and use updated antivirus software. You should report any security violations to us using our Contact form.