With one in four families in the Bay Area struggling to make ends meet, the face of poverty might be closer than you think. It could be your co-worker, your neighbor, or your friend. Want to help us do something about it? UWBA seeks a talented and motivated fundraiser to join our outstanding team and support our mission: to be the catalyst that enables people to strengthen their communities by investing in one another. Do you have a history of building donor relationships? Are you passionate about community issues? Do you thrive in a fast-paced and highly visible role?
UWBA partners with hundreds of companies and thousands of individual supporters to address the community’s most pressing needs and drive sustainable results. It is the goal of our dynamic Development team to increase our number of new donors and deepen the relationships with our current donors.
The Development Officer will cultivate, manage and grow an assigned portfolio of accounts, with a focus on corporate and employee engagement. This position will also steward and cultivate leadership level individual donors and prospects from within assigned accounts, and will identify new opportunities to raise funds year-round within and beyond those accounts.
The Development Officer will have the ability to work with a broad range of people, have strong fundraising skills, strong communication skills and the ability to interact with high-level donors on an individual and group basis. This position will work closely with the Sr. Director of Development to develop and refine strategies for maximizing results and will collaborate with other team members within Development and across departments including the Finance, Marketing, and Community Impact Teams.
This is a professional exempt position reporting to the Senior Director of Development. It is a full time, regular, 37.5 hour per week position. This position is for the United Way Bay Area (San Jose Office).
- Develop strategy for each assigned workplace account and establish, in cooperation with management, measurable goals and objectives to meet organization goals.
- Manage appropriate training/resources, manage timelines, provide direct support, i.e., speaking engagements, event facilitation, etc. for each account.
- Manage on-going relationships with key leadership and donors in each of the assigned accounts.
- Conduct face to face visits with a portfolio of leadership donors and steward year-round.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new prospects and infiltrate accounts for additional new business opportunities outside of campaign season.
- Accurately forecast, monitor and prepare progress reports on all accounts and individual donor portfolio.
- Work closely with Marketing and Finance/Pledge Processing Teams to promote and set up appropriate technology tools to ensure results for all accounts are properly submitted and recorded.
- Provide high level, quality customer service by maintaining a positive and proactive relationship to all assigned workplace campaigns and individuals; maintain thorough communication logs in Salesforce.
- Promote and demo the Salesforce Philanthropy cloud platform to existing corporate partners and seek new business; provide support to existing SPC accounts and work internally across teams on year-round engagement.
- Manage volunteers, board members and organization stakeholders who will assist with the identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospects.
- Cultivate ongoing relationships with account representatives, donors, and prospective donors to identify their philanthropic interests and enhance their knowledge and support of UWBA.
- Promote and/or collaborate with the Volunteer, Event and/or Affinity Group Teams to provide targeted opportunities for individuals and corporate employee groups to engage directly with UWBA programs and our mission.
- 3-5 years+ experience direct fundraising.
- Ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous tasks and customer relationships.
- Strong donor-focus and understanding of how to effectively manage ongoing donor relationships.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, ability to get job done.
- Team-player, excels at working collaboratively – both listening and actively contributing - as well as independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking, and solid relationship management skills at all levels in organization.
- Strong computer skills including above average competency on Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Comfort and knowledge of Internet, experience with Salesforce desirable.
Project management experience desirable.
- Other non-profit/philanthropic experience/demonstrated interest desirable.
- A California driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial and continued employment.
Salary: $52,000.00 - 57,000.00 Salary Exempt