United Way Bay Area (UWBA) seeks a creative and detail-oriented writer to join its Institutional Giving team. This position provides vital Development Department support, coordinating the creation and development of proposals and reports for UWBA’s robust institutional (corporate, foundation, and government) giving program. This role will help manage a portfolio of existing institutional funders who support UWBA’s priority programs and objectives. The Institutional Giving Associate will report to the Senior Director of Institutional Giving and work closely with the Community Impact Team and Finance Team to coordinate and execute all aspects of institutional giving work.
- Maintain a yearly calendar and prospect list.
- Create proposals and reports for existing institutional and corporate funders.
- Coordinate closely with Grants Administrator to prepare comprehensive budgets for proposals and timely, accurate financial reporting.
- Manage grant prospects, research, final reports, and communication in Salesforce database.
- Liaise with finance department to record gifts, acquire needed gift documentation, and establish payment schedules.
- Build and maintain relationships with corporate, foundation, and government grants administrators.
- Create “boilerplate” for annual general operating support grants.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional writing skills and the ability to work with a broad range of people, as the role will be a point of contact for multiple departments. This is an excellent position for someone who is interested in gaining a 360-degree view of Institutional Giving work and developing corresponding skills to become a professional grant writer.
- Non-profit/philanthropic development experience preferred but not required.
- Strong writing and research skills (a writing sample will be required).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external staff.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and committed to excellent customer service.
- Must be a self-starter, have a strong work ethic, be results-oriented, and deadline driven.
- Strong computer skills including above average competency in Word and Excel, plus comfort with and knowledge of database navigation; Salesforce experience a plus.
- Support an inclusive environment and value the individual traits, skills and talents of all staff, volunteers, and donors.
Salary: $48,000.00 - 52,000.00 Salary Non-Exempt