The Social Good Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to create and establish positive influences for individuals, communities, and the environment. Our goal is to sponsor and develop projects that will help positively impact and develop local communities into healthier and happier places to live, work, and be.
We achieve the mission through the practice of efficient, effective, low-barrier, high-quality fiscal sponsorship. (Learn more about fiscal sponsorship.)
Beginning with one, half-time employee in 2014 and zero revenue, Social Good Fund has now grown into a mature, full-service fiscal sponsorship organization with nearly a dozen full-time employees and annual revenue of over $20M. We serve as fiscal sponsor to hundreds of nonprofit/charitable programs and projects across a wide diversity of program focus and content, in a host of geographic locations both domestically and abroad.
Demand for our services continues to grow, as does the necessity for the organization to add capacity to meet the demand.
The Organization: Working at Social Good Fund
Though based in Richmond, CA, we are a 100% virtual office with all of our employees working from home/shared work spaces. Business hours are M - F, 9a - 5p PST, with potential flexibility, depending on many factors. In order to succeed in this role, you will need to have a space where you can work with a strong internet connection, and a comfort and preference for working remotely. Although we are a remote team, we may provide the opportunity to travel for in-person convenings once or twice per year.
Our organizational approach applies both to how we practice fiscal sponsorship, and how we operate and work together to achieve our mission: It assumes best intentions and seeks to continuously act in good faith. We strive for efficiency in order to decrease barriers to realizing positive change in the world. We are a focused, friendly and helpful team, and we’re looking for an equally disposed person to join us. We have a strong sense of shared responsibility, and we are looking for someone who appreciates and wants to contribute to this environment.
The Job: Project Services Specialist
The Project Services Specialist will be a member of the Project Services Team. The Project Services Team is responsible for ongoing communication with our fiscally sponsored projects as well as performing important oversight and compliance functions. The Project Services Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that fiscally sponsored projects are in compliance with Social Good Fund policies and practices.
This may include, but almost certainly will not be limited to:
• Providing ongoing support to sponsored projects, answering questions and assisting them with accessing our services and systems
• Providing ongoing guidance and support related to non-profit best practices and regulations
• Maintaining accurate information in our Salesforce database
• Onboarding new projects
• Monitoring main telephone line
• Implementing annual and periodic required project reporting
• Following up with sponsored projects to collect data
• Performing basic analysis on collected data
• Filing municipal, state, and federal reports as required
• Contributing to periodic Social Good Fund eNewsletters
• Other tasks as required
Required Skills, Knowledge, Approach:
The best candidate for this position will be a self-starting, self-respecting, team-playing, positive-thinking, tech-savvy and consistent person with a passion for doing good in the world. The best candidate will also:
• Have a consistent and reliable workspace: home, shared workspace, etc…
• Be a team player, flexible and present, with strong creative problem-solving skills
• Have a customer-service and mission-driven approach
• Maintain a sense of humor in the face of challenging interactions and situations
• Accept, appreciate and support the diversity and differences of the individuals and groups we work with
• Be familiar with MS Office and Google Office tools, including knowing how to work with spreadsheets and creating google forms
• Quickly learn online and digital systems that you are not familiar with
• Have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, clear and concise manner
• Have knowledge and familiarity with the nonprofit sector
• Be helpful and supportive of project goals
• Be able to prioritize and multi-task
• Understand the importance of follow-through and responsiveness
• Commitment to the nonprofit sector and charitable work
• Familiarity with Salesforce
• Familiarity with productivity (and other) online applications such as: Mail Chimp, Salesforce, Survey Monkey, WordPress, Flipcause and others
• Three-years’ experience working/volunteering in the nonprofit sector
• Have knowledge and familiarity with fiscal sponsorship
$60K - $70K, depending on experience and fit. Employee-centered benefits package.
How to apply:
• Please email your cover letter and resume (in PDF format) to [email protected] with “Project Specialist” in the subject line. Your cover letter should be addressed to Susan Staley, Director of Project Services.
• In your cover letter, please be sure to address the following:
• Describe the kind of work environment you thrive in (i.e., what you need in order to be successful at your job)
• Describe your work style and provide an example and how you think you can contribute to our collaborative work culture
• Talk about your interest and/or experience in the nonprofit sector.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Social Good Fund is committed to removing barriers for all people who wish to do good in their communities. We do this in a number of ways, including offering a streamlined application process and by having no minimum amount of secured funding required to start a project with us. As a result of lowering these barriers for all projects with mission-focused plans, we are thrilled to say that we have attracted a very diverse group of project leaders working across diverse communities all throughout the globe.
Social Good Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage, actively seek and celebrate diversity in our workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We encourage applicants of color and individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.