$500 SIGN ON BONUS
*Sign on bonus applicable to external candidates only*
The Family Support Navigator provides support to families and individuals with developmental disabilities and autism. They are responsible for implementing person centered goals as identified in the Individual Support Plan (ISP) and Family Support Plan (FSP). This includes, but is not limited to, skill development, independence, self-advocacy, socialization and community integration through the Center’s mentoring program and individual support contracts.
Advocates is seeking motivated Clinical professionals to oversee and develop direct care staff within a robust residential setting.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
- Work with individuals, staff and families to develop and implement a FSP in response to person centered goals.
- Provide skills training and support to individuals in areas including Activities of Daily Living (ADL), independence, behavioral treatment plans, community integration activities, pre-vocational skills, communication, socialization, health care and safety skills.
- Assist in developing and implementing an adult community-based mentoring program for individuals.
- Assist caregivers/families in navigating governmental assistance systems for benefits and other resources available.
- Organize social and recreational community programs and outings for individuals and assigned mentoring groups.
- Provide educational trainings and instruction to individuals and assigned mentoring groups based on interests and person centered goals.
- Educate family members on policies and procedures generated by the state and Advocates.
- Provide support to caregivers/family members as identified by supervisors.
- Maintain productive internal and external communication with staff, supervisors, individuals and caregivers/families regarding planning, programming, scheduling and any individual issues or areas of concern.
- Participate in individuals’ medical, clinical and planning meetings as directed by supervisors.
- Remain current and knowledgeable in the field of disabilities and stay informed about the needs and any issues/areas of concern with the caregivers/families and individuals served.
- Attend trainings as assigned; maintain necessary certifications (CPR, First Aid, SOLVE).
- Attend and actively participate in supervision and staff meetings.
- Provide transportation, as assigned, to families and individuals in the center and mentoring program.
- Ensure that individuals we support are treated with dignity and respect in accordance with Advocates’ Human Rights Policy.
- BA/BS (or in process of obtaining) in social services or related field plus 1 year experience working with program population and families or High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years’ experience in a related field.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and ability to use good judgment.
- Ability to read English and communicate effectively in the primary language of the program to which he/she is assigned.
- Must have sensitivity to the needs of the population.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to auto.
At Advocates, the health and safety of the people in our care, our employees, and the broader community is our top priority. Effective October 18, 2021, Advocates will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e. both doses of Pfizer or Moderna, or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson.)
Advocates is committed to cultivating a diverse and welcoming community where everyone feels respected and valued. Advocates fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and promotes diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, partnered status, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
Please apply online on our website using the link: https://careers-advocatesinc.icims.com/jobs/7279/family-support-navigato...