United Way of Genesee County, serving Genesee and Shiawassee Counties, is seeking a full time Relationship Specialist (Functional Area Specialist) to support Shiawassee County. The position is primarily responsible for performing resource development work within a workplace campaign model and assisting in the facilitation of the Community Impact model throughout Shiawassee County.
The Relationship Specialist contributes to mission fulfillment through:
- Effective relationship management
- Ensuring a consistent and positive brand experience for all constituents.
- Plan, organize and service the annual campaign in assigned areas of responsibility with Director. Analyze and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of current and past campaigns. Suggest improvements. Assist in developing new resource development strategies and tools. Set goals, develop timetables and work plans for assigned industry groups.
- Work with Vice President to solicit and secure annual sponsorship support.
- Identify and cultivate new sources of revenue, including corporate, foundation and professional support.
- Participate in all resource development functional area activities, including training, volunteer management, public speaking and functional team meetings. Complete any resource development tasks assigned by the Vice President.
- Maintain awareness of political, social, and economic factors in the community that may affect the campaign. Apprise team of relevant information.
- Prepare and maintain accurate campaign records, reports, and materials, including database information.
- Training, planning and supporting volunteer work; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Assist with the development of training programs and resource materials as needed.
- Coordinate meetings and prepare meeting documents as assigned.
- Assist with registration, facility logistics, communication and set-up of trainings and conferences.
- Assist in the delivery of community impact initiatives.
- Assist in allocation reporting processes.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Relationship Management Responsibilities
- Ensure the constituent experience is courteous, sensitive, on-brand, prompt and commitments are reasonably met.
- Continue to strengthen and reinforce the organization’s on-brand experience with all constituents to build long-term relationships.
- Continue to strengthen relationships beyond workplace account’s annual campaign.
- Foster relationships through multiple levels of the assigned workplace.
- Discover, encourage and assist with account’s desired level of engagement and support.
- Excellent writing skills - ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Excellent oral communication skills - ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Basic mathematical skills required - ability to compute rate, ratio and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must be detail oriented; work well with deadlines and results oriented.
- Driver’s license required.
The minimum for hire of a Relationship Specialist position shall require one of the following:
- Ten (10) years related experience.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards.
Salary: $31,000 to $40,000 per year