Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
General Position Description:
This position will be responsible for developing and executing a strategy to build a database of potential WellHouse donors and to call on these potential donors for the purpose of making an ask for gifts for The WellHouse.
- Establish a strategic and systematic focus on closing commitments from high net-worth donors, foundations, churches, corporations, and other individuals.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward qualified prospects and donors, managing a portfolio of approximately 250 qualified relationships with at least one touch per year.
- Conduct and/or coordinate face-to-face visits and other activities with donors; include CEO when necessary and requested
- Meet or exceed annual individual revenue goals.
- Develop a caseload of active major gifts prospects and carry out strategies for solicitation of these prospects.
- Work independently and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with potential donors.
- Routinely engage board members, organization executives and current donors in peer-prospect identification, visits, and five-figure closings.
- Demonstrate a keen sense of curiosity for donors – seeking to “crack the code” of what compels each donor to give substantially by asking the right questions – and able to personally adapt as needed to meet the needs of donors.
- Compassionately articulate the WellHouse story both in person and through public communications.
- Guide the development of compelling proposals and oversee the development of creative presentations and reports.
- Assist the Advancement Director with fundraising events to include, but not limited to: the Zoo event, the Junior Board gala, and the Chrysalis event.
- Provide monthly accurate and timely activity and pipeline reports and revenue forecasts.
- Bachelor's degree
- Preferred CFRE certification
- 2+ years of front-line experience in major gifts development
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising in an environment of similar complexity
- Ability to engage board members and key stakeholders in donor visits and to earn and maintain their confidence
- Successful experience closing five-figure commitments including, but not limited to planned gifts, campaign and endowment gifts, and investment options
- Superior presentation skills including the presence to deal effectively with diverse constituencies including principal donors and Board members
- Ability to collaborate with others in a complex, matrix-structured, dynamic organizational environment
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively, and to listen, and an unusual capacity to engage, inspire and persuade
- Willingness to travel to regularly visit and cultivate new and existing donor relationships