This role might be right for you if...
- You enjoy collecting information over the phone or through online channels, and entering what you've collected into a database.
- You are a strong writer and can write for various audiences.
- You believe quality communication is the heart of good service.
2-1-1 is a free, nationwide, and confidential service that connects individuals with community resources and information, primarily operating as inbound and outbound call center. Mile High United Way's 2-1-1 Help Center serves nearly 70% of Colorado's population. Every year, we help tens of thousands of people in Colorado navigate a complex web of resources ranging from child care to tax preparation assistance to basic needs like food, shelter, and rental assistance.
The Resource Specialists upkeep the database of community resources that are accessed by other 2-1-1 staff and the general public.
- Updates and maintains the quality and accuracy of the 2-1-1 database as defined by department standards
- Assess gaps/needs of the database and assess programs that need/should be in the database
- Gathers information needed to produce concise, grammatically accurate, and informative written content through outbound calls, agency visits, email inquiries, etc.
- Is the point of contact for agencies that want to be included in the 2-1-1 database, to include mailing/e-mailing/faxing the appropriate inclusion forms as well as the appropriate follow-up agency documentation
- Monitors and responds to inquiries left on the 2-1-1 Voice and e-mail Mailboxes
- Coordinate and deliver technical assistance and training for Community Resource Navigators and External Agency Partners on database updates and verification process
- Update referral directories, specialized resource guides, and other materials and assist in their promotion, distribution and communicating those updates to staff and external partners.
- Provide customer support to both internal departments and external organizations that may include the development of specialized resource lists, taxonomy guidelines, etc.
- Generate accurate monthly analytical reports
- Attend monthly external meetings, as assigned, to keep an updated record of changes
- Act as an organization liaison at community fairs, meetings, and presentations within and outside of normal business hours
- Work within deadlines to complete assigned projects and new initiatives in a quality and timely manner
- Required to assist in disaster/crisis response activities within and outside of normal business hours
- Must achieve AIRS Certified Resource Specialist Certification within 6 months of eligibility
- Must be able to telecommute as assigned
- Assist clients by phone, text, chat, email and face to face who need assistance navigating community resources as needed and directed by Supervisor
- 2 years of relevant experience preferred working in a Contact Center or Human Services related field providing Customer Service.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, staff and community leaders
- Demonstrated experience completing assignments and projects on time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and shift gears quickly to accommodate change.
- Exceptional written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive pieces in a variety of lengths and formats
- High-level command of grammar and spelling
- Strong editing skills
- Attention to detail; ability to check each item or task carefully
- Ability to work independently with little supervision effectively using resources
- Demonstrated experience writing concise, logical, grammatically correct descriptions suitable for publication
- Demonstrated experience utilizing a data management system
- Ability to sit and operate a computer for long periods of time
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office