Responsible for managing the initiatives, investment portfolio and developing/maintaining strong working relationships with Bold Goal 4: Addiction Prevention and Treatment community partners (volunteers, funded partners, and other stakeholders). Serves as subject matter expert in administration of all Bold Goal 4 strategies, including the First Step Summa Health collaborative, and works closely with the AVP, Community Impact in program development and monitoring, technical assistance to partners to ensure proper implementation of the model, reviewing data and develop strategies to strengthen programs, and sharing best practices among partners. Assists, as needed, with other community health topics related to United Way Family Resource Centers and social determinants of health. Fosters innovation through the use of shared data, measurement, and accountability; and performs other duties as assigned.
- 60% Program development: Develops an in-depth knowledge of relevant area of responsibility and the Summit County ecosystem with an intentional focus towards supporting United Way’s Addiction Prevention & Recovery bold goal. Attends events and programs related to the key priorities as assigned; stays abreast of current developments in the field and in the community; Attends relevant continuing education or professional development programs. Conducts research of subject areas of interest to the organization as assigned.
- 30% Partner Relationship Management for assigned area: Develops/maintains effective and solid working relationships between UWSC organization and other partners in the community seeking to achieve aligned goals and objectives. Reviews and evaluates grant proposals, perform due diligence work, manage current grants, provides technical assistance to grantees or applicants as needed; evaluates grant results, prepares and presents funding recommendations to staff and volunteer review team; follows up on past grants and submitted evaluation reports; respects volunteers for their contributions.
Percentage of Time
- 5% Public Policy Program Expert: Provide expert knowledge of programmatic work to assist with policy of assigned areas of responsibility.
- 5% Engagement: Participation and support in assigned engagement calendar events, marketing events, and related preparatory meetings.
JOB EXPECTATIONS: 40% Internal / 60% External Facing
JOB RELATIONSHIPS WITH: All internal staff of United Way of Summit County; Vice President of Community Impact; AVP of Community Impact; Community Impact Team.
DEGREE OF AUTONOMY: Work is performed independently within broad practices and procedures covered by functional precedents and policies that may occasionally require development of new procedures to accommodate changing requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field required (preferably a leadership role providing direct services within community health initiatives).
- Competent in MS Office products.
- Commitment to advancing diversity, equality and inclusion.
- Respect for differences whether racial, ethnic, sexual orientation, gender, or class.
- Commitment to excellence and passion for the mission of United Way of Summit County.
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Change Management
- Performance Improvement
- Position is primarily a normal office setting, requiring long periods of sedentary work at a desk and computer.
- Ability to routinely travel throughout multi-floor office utilizing stairs or elevator.
- Minimal lifting up to 10 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing including background check, drug and alcohol screen.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach with hands and arms, bend and stoop.
- Valid driver license and proof of insurance with ability to pass annual motor vehicle report check in compliance with corporate insurance requirements.
- Access to reliable insured automobile to be used for work-related travel in Summit County area.
- Less than 5% of travel.