The Development Specialist is a member of the Institutional Advancement Unit, which manages all revenue generation across Equal Justice Works. The Specialist will support the efforts of the Institutional Advancement Unit and the Executive Office by providing data-driven intelligence and analytics to inform organizational development strategies, goals and execution.
The Specialist will utilize the Equal Justice Works Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System and external sources to help build, maintain, and evaluate an integrated fundraising program that increases giving from current and prospective donors. The position plays an integral role in the identification, qualification and research of major gift prospects, individuals, corporations, and foundations, and has responsibility for prospect research and reporting on fundraising initiatives.
- Identify, qualify, and quantify prospects and pipelines through research and data analysis.
- Analyze giving trends of all fundraising campaigns and make recommendations to positively influence future fundraising strategies and activities.
- Serve as the lead member of the team that prepares research profiles on prospects and donors to ensure successful stewardship and cultivation.
- Track fundraising efforts by building and updating campaign dashboards and trackers.
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications and reports; Help maintain the schedule of grant proposal and reporting deadlines.
- Participate in events (e.g., Conference and Career Fair, Leadership Development Training) and projects as deemed necessary to support the broader goals of the Organization.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and developments in research resources, technologies, and methodologies.
- Other duties as required.
- No direct reports
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong donor research skills.
- Demonstrated skill in gathering, analyzing, and synthesizing fundraising data.
- Familiarity with foundation research, grant proposals and reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems such as Microsoft Dynamics365.
- Commitment to handle confidential donor information sensitively.
- Strong organizational skills.
Equal Justice Works provides a competitive salary and benefits package, including student loan repayment assistance, healthcare coverage, dental, and 401k.
Salary Range: $50,600 -- $62,000 (annually)
Location -- Flexible
Equal Justice Works has a policy to support employee flexibility when making decisions regarding work arrangements.
To apply, please go to https://linkedin.com/jobs/view/3175659373/.
A cover letter and resume are required to apply for this role. Applications without a cover letter and resume will not be considered.
Equal Justice Works is a community of staff, board members, Fellows, law students, and public service community whose behaviors align with our mission regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that harnessing the powers of our differences and breaking down barriers to opportunities are critical in ensuring that these values remain at the forefront of our work. We lead from within. Equal Justice Works creates an environment where staff at all levels are heard, respected, and valued.