Position: Senior Director of Development
Status: Full Time, Salary, Exempt
Report To: President and CEO
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Senior Director of Development manages the day-to-day operations of the Nixon Foundation’s Development staff members. The incumbent will work closely with RNF staff, the board of directors, and the leadership of the forthcoming comprehensive campaign to ensure fundraising success with key stakeholders.
The Senior Director will establish administrative policies and procedures for a successful and efficient Development department. The incumbent will assess donor cultivation and solicitation activities and provide training, guidance, and motivation to staff and volunteers with an outcome to increase the effectiveness and frequency of donor/prospect interactions and stakeholder engagement activities. The incumbent will work with the President and CEO regarding annual department fundraising goals and implementation of Development tactics, functions, and programs.
- Establish administrative policies, tools, and templates necessary for the day-to-day operations of the Development department. In addition, implement key tools and procedures necessary for the long-term success of the department and organization.
- Recruit, develop, and mentor the Development team staff members.
- Work in partnership with the President and CEO in drafting the department’s annual goals and fundraising plan for the forthcoming comprehensive campaign.
- Collaborate with the President and CEO to ensure the implementation of fundraising plans while monitoring, tracking, and evaluating effectiveness toward goals.
- Identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major gift prospects and donors. Maintain a portfolio of donors/prospects.
- Track and monitor campaign budget and reconcile with the RNF business office.
- Coordinate with the communications office to develop story ideas that resonate with donors and meet comprehensive campaign communication objectives.
- Support events as directed by the Vice President and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of experience in fundraising management or a similar position.
- Proven skills as a strategist with the ability to craft and articulate the RNF mission and vision.
- Ability to engage volunteers, peers, supervisors, and subordinates in this vision and to build and institutionalize that vision into a culture of philanthropy.
- Superior interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability, and experience working with various stakeholders.
- A commitment to creating an open and transparent development operation that provides RNF with information on objectives, priorities, goals, and financial targets.
- Strong employee development and performance management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with donors, volunteers, faculty, and campus leaders.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated competence in designing, planning, and managing a successful fundraising campaign.
- Ability to travel to meet with donors and volunteers on evenings and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrated track record in closing $100,000+ philanthropic gifts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Office programs and Raiser’s Edge database.
- Commitment to embracing and advancing a multicultural and diverse workplace.
- Knowledge of prospect management systems.
Please contact Kristi Lewis, Director of HR for the Richard Nixon Foundation for further information. [email protected]
Must have a minimum of 8 years of experience in fundraising management or a similar position.
Salary Range: $150,000.00-$180,000.00 commensurate with experience.
Bonus Structure included
401k with 8% Match
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage