FHI 360 is seeking a Team Lead/Senior Technical Advisor for Health Workforce Strengthening for the anticipated USAID-funded Country Health Information Systems and Data Use program (CHISU). The goal of CHISU is to strengthen country capacity and leadership to manage and use health information systems (HIS) to improve evidence-based decisions. CHISU will focus on enhancing host-country capacity to produce high-quality health information, to optimally manage this information and to institutionalize evidence-based decision making.
The Team Lead/Senior Technical Advisor for Health Workforce Strengthening will lead CHISU’s Objective 3: Increased demand and use of health data and information to address health priorities, gaps and challenges. S/he will lead development and implementation of strategic approaches across CHISU countries to enhance both the quality of data collected and the use of data by health professionals and the health system overall.
- Working with consortia members, plans, directs and coordinates activities for CHISU to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Establishes, serves and maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on project matters.
- Communicates updates to USAID on health workforce strengthening efforts by CHISU.
- Provide leadership to the project team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, encouraging effective team-work.
- Provide technical leadership on health workforce capacity strengthening and organizational process improvement activities.
- Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs.
- Ensures that project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound
- Provides broad global technical leadership to CHISU objective 3.
- Typically requires 8-11 years of experience in M&E with focus on health information systems strengthening
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of a second language with a strong preference for French
- Knowledge and experience in HIS and low and middle income countries
- Experience working on a USAID flagship award with consortium of partners
- Demonstrated skills in work planning and high-level reporting
- Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.