As the Sales Engineer you will be responsible for presenting Web and Cloud based product offerings and architecture in the best light to prospects and customers, to evoke confidence in the organization’s technology infrastructure, and removing all technical objections in the sales cycle. To accomplish this, as the Sales Engineer you must have a strong desire to leverage your technical and/or sales skills, including the ability to solicit business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, configure and effectively demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements and provide business value. Looking for candidates with SaaS experience to join a transformational and dynamic team partnered with Salesforce.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Understand the customer need and establish organization’s product as the best solution that addresses that need
- Build and present customized demonstrations
- Present organization’s technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with hardware, software, networking and security stack
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- Attain quarterly and annual objective assigned by management
- Respond effectively to RFPs
- Work collaboratively between sales, implementation and support
- Convey customer requirements and provide scope of work estimates for technical implementation to implementation team
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales engineering information and application trends.
- Serves as the first point of contact for questions regarding online donor systems from end users, campaign managers and internal staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree with three to five years of progressive experience in a similar role. Technical sales support and a high EQ preferred. B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience desired.
- Previous experience as a systems/sales/solution engineer for a software company or similar technology
- Knowledge of related applications, relational database, web and cloud technology
- Basic programming experience in HTML and other web-based technologies
- Solid oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied political environments
- Ability to work independently as well as being a committed team player
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Flexible, self-motivated, possess a pleasant, helpful personality and must enjoy dealing with people
- Ability to multi-task, perform multi-faceted projects in addition to normal activities.
- Ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality and independent judgment.
- Prior fundraising and/or non-profit experience a plus, but not required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve high performance:
- Mission focused – the ability to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
- Relationship oriented –an understanding that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator – understands the role and contribution of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
- Results driven – dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good, creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations.
- Brand steward – a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.