The Engagement Director is responsible for driving key performance metrics at both the network and designated local Market levels with a specific United Way region, including progress on growth of donors, volunteers, and advocates. This individual is responsible for contributing to these metrics by coordinating UWW staff and activities necessary to strengthen relationships with critical United Way markets, so those markets grow in their capacity and ability to perform. This role will be the connection point between UWW and the LUW creating the opportunity to drive network strategies and enablement.
In order to drive these metrics, this role will be responsible for building relationships with and between United Ways in an identified region, understanding their individual and collective needs, co-creating individual and shared strategies and then deploying local, network, and UWW resources against these strategies. The Engagement Director will also be responsible for coordinating directly with the State Association Leaders in the identified region creating opportunities for greater collaboration and extending the reach of the work into the smaller markets. The core activities of this work will fall into two specific categories: 1) Relationship management with assigned individual United Way markets and state associations, including creation of strategic plans for individual market performance, and management of and deployment of performance improvement staff against those plans, and 2) Representing UWW in the region, to drive network goals and performance.
- Provide world class customer service relationship management to local United Ways (CEO, staff, and Board members).
- Refine, implement, and manage formal partnerships and collaborations across local United Ways in the region.
- Identify organizational performance improvement opportunities within assigned markets.
- Perform site visits with targeted markets.
- Represent UWW at United Way gatherings and events.
- Use CRM system to manage relationships and activities.
- Create and maintain account plans for the region
- Up to 50% travel
- Relationship management with assigned United Way markets
- Build relationships with key staff and board leaders in assigned United Way markets.
- Assess assets and needs of the United Way and build and deploy, in conjunction with content experts, trainings, programs, tools and UWW staff that help advance performance of individual United Ways.
- Work with state associations and other organized United Way groups to grow the region.
- Work with Talent Management to build on the talent pipeline with up and coming high performing talent in the region.
- Understand the revenue challenges and opportunities in each major market United Way and the region overall.
Minimum requirements include a commensurate experience with at least 10 years of progressive experience in a complex project management, relationship management, or consulting role. Additionally, this position requires a minimum of three to five years of experience as an executive team member or leader of a a local United Way. Other requirements:
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of strategy design and execution
- Exceptional relationship-building skills at multiple levels within an organization
- Strong self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- willingness to travel within the region to LUWs and to National and WW events outside of the region
- Experience with change management process and the United Way network experience is a plus.
- Natural curiosity and strong desire to grow and learn helpful
- Preference for candidates in Wash., DC or New york; however other areas may be considered.