About [email protected]
[email protected] is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to expand access to career opportunities so that all Americans can work, learn and earn to their full potential in a dynamic economy. Our work aims to leverage and build the collective capacities of employers, educators, tech innovators, social entrepreneurs, and civic institutions to unlock opportunity for over one million Americans in the next decade.
There are millions of individuals who are Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STARs), who gained in-demand skills on-the-job, in the armed forces, in last-mile or workforce training programs, in community colleges, even in community service.
[email protected] aims to build alliances with people, communities, and organizations interested in providing access to jobs for STARs. We aim to reverse the wage decline experienced by STARs with a strategic movement that generates significant focus and investment across the public, social and private sectors.
About the Role
The Opportunity Marketplace is launching in Washington, DC (Q1 2020) and in San Diego (Q2 2020) with the goal of launching more cities in the second half of 2020. We are looking for an experienced, growth-oriented Vice President of Customer Acquisition to lead the launch and expansion of our Opportunity Marketplace.
This person will lead a team responsible for all marketplace growth efforts by sourcing and identifying sales prospects, cultivating relationships, and ultimately onboarding new customers. They are responsible for setting sales goals for the team and leading by example with (1) lead generation and management, (2) prospect education through sales presentations, and (3) providing excellent customer services from initiation through handoff to the Customer Success Team. This person ideally is based in Washington DC or the SF/Bay Area with the ability to travel 75% of the time.
This person works cross-functionally with Customer Success, Product and Engineering, and will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Marketplace.
We are looking for a sales expert; someone comfortable building and operationalizing a sales plan. This person should be collaborative and client-centered who can work in an ever-evolving environment centered around a new and evolving product.
To be successful, this person must be an effective communicator including excellent writing communication, active listening, and compelling presentation skills. Finally, they will need to have the ability to exercise business judgment in order to effectively interpret information, identify patterns and opportunities, and determine a path forward.
- Develop and implement a customer acquisition strategy that works within an agile start-up environment
- Hire, train, and develop sales team members that exceed quarterly targets and maintain a customer-centric approach
- Execute end to end sales process including prospecting, initial reach out, needs analysis, presentation, overcoming objections, close and transition to customer success team.
- Ensure consistency across the sales team including sales presentations, outreach, and customer service
- Enable the sales team by defining targets, supporting growth, and providing accountability
- Define and report key metrics; lead with data to make informed decisions on strategy
- Build the infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Work closely with marketing and customer success to establish and reinforce successful customer support, create awareness, and drive referrals
- Develop a deep understanding of target audiences and capture audience feedback on Opportunity Marketplace value proposition, features and functionality, messaging and marketing materials to share with internal teams
- Proactively understand industry best practices and future of work concept
- Travel regularly for in-person meetings with customers and partners in closing strategic opportunities
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of B2B sales experience
- 5+ years of experience overseeing a sales team
- Demonstrable understanding of selling into small to medium businesses
- Demonstrated success leading, growing, and developing sales organizations
- Experience with Software as a Service platforms
- Ability to develop and communicate a sales strategy
- Agile problem solver who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where business needs change
- Excellent interpersonal skills: executive-level written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with a passion for [email protected]’s mission
- Experience working for a start-up a plus
Compensation and Benefits
[email protected] offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Some of our benefits include medical/dental/vision, life insurance, both short and long-term disability, flex savings accounts, pre- and post-tax retirement accounts with company match, commuter benefits, professional development funding, flexibility to work remotely when necessary, paid parental leave and generous paid time off.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
[email protected] is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.