Job Title: Development Manager
Position Description: Smith Center for Healing and the Arts is currently searching for an exceptional, full-time, Development Manager who will facilitate the success of the organization’s development related activities.
Reports To: Executive Director
- To partner with the Executive Director and Leadership Team to successfully meet our organization’s immediate and long-term development goals, with a primary focus of sustainability
- Manage all phases of grant processes including grantor selection and application, cultivation, acknowledgments, and interim and final reporting of funded grants while managing outside contracted grant managers and writers and coordinating internal staff
- Develop, lead and manage all fundraising appeal and campaign processes and administrative implementation (including all print and digital channels)
- Partner, participate and support the Executive Director’s sponsorship, major gifts and planned giving initiatives, including fundraising asks
- Lead all efforts for fundraising related events including planning, logistics and implementation
- Work with Leadership team to develop, set, and monitor all organizational fundraising goals
- Manage all donor acknowledgements, cultivation, relationship management and communication processes, including managing Executive Director’s prospect cultivation calendar and schedule
- Manage and maintain all fundraising related data in the organization’s database
- Possible Intern(s) and/or Volunteer(s)
- 4-5+ year related development and fundraising experience, preferably in the nonprofit or philanthropic sectors (with proven record of success in campaigns, grants, corporate and individual giving) and a minimum of 1-2 years of technical and/or grant writing experience
- Experience with successful event planning and event execution
- Effective project management skills with ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities with tight deadlines
- Experience working with database and donor management software (we use Bloomerang) and proficiency with several design programs and all Microsoft Office programs
- Exceptional written, spoken, virtual and interpersonal communication skills with donors, key stakeholders, leadership and colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Public Affairs, Nonprofit Administration, Communications, Marketing, Arts Administration, or similar fields- though degrees in other areas are welcome
- Fully embraces Smith Center’s mission and values.
- Full-Time Position - 40 hours per week
- Annual Salary - $50,000-$60,000
- Competitive Benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and vacation, sick/personal and holiday time
Please send your resume with cover letter explaining why you want to work at Smith Center as well as why specifically we should consider your application for the Development Manager position (maximum 2 pages).
We strongly encourage you to visit our website and learn more about Smith Center and services we provide before applying for this position.
Phone inquiries will not be returned.