The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Fundraising Director-Educational Sector (Youth Market Director) in our Greater Southeast Affiliate. This position is home office based. You will be responsible for implementing the AHA's Kids Heart Challenge events as the liaison with school-based coordinators, (typically PE teachers/school principals/superintendents) to raise funds through our educational fundraising program in 30 counties and two states ( Atkinson, Baker, Ben Hill, Berrien, Brooks, Charlton, Clinch, Coffee, Colquitt, Cook, Dougherty, Echols, Grady, Hamilton (FL), Irwin, Jefferson (FL), Lanier, Lee, Leon (FL), Lowndes, Madison (FL), Mitchell, Suwanee (FL), Taylor (FL), Tift, Turner, Wakulla (FL), Ware, Worth ).
- Key responsibilities include selling our lifesaving mission to local schools through prospecting and securing school participation while providing tools and training to help schools establish and meet their fundraising goals.
- You will also recruit and manage strong relationships with volunteers while ensuring overall success of the programs.
- Your position has a fundraising net goal this year of approximately $282,264K (+).
- You must exceed challenging fundraising goals by developing effective customer relationships through persuasion, organization, competitiveness, persistence and time management.
- This position requires you to be in the territory 90% of your time and will cover approximately 135 schools while driving to approximately 10 schools a day. You will also be presenting to school assemblies with early morning start times. LI#KB1
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work independently and resourcefully.
- Preference will be given to candidates who live in territory.
- Proven outside sales experience is a plus.
- Applied knowledge and intermediate skills in Windows applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to travel within territory 80% of the time and outside the territory 20% of the time for monthly regional meetings and/or training.
- Ability to speak publicly.
- Knowledge of school systems a plus.
- Some heavy lifting involved.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of at least minimum state required automobile liability insurance and ability and willingness to travel as position demands.
- Ability to work outside standard hours as needed, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Satisfactory background checks including motor vehicle, and criminal history.