We have an exciting opportunity for a Fundraising (Sales) Director - Youth Market in our Tucson Division. In this road warrior position, you work directly with school and corporate partners, existing and new, in a territory that includes Tucson and Southern Arizona, Pima, Cochise, Santa Cruz and Greenlee County.
The Kids Heart Challenge TM is anchored by two core events, jumping rope and basketball skills, with new cardio-pumping activities. Students develop heart-healthy habits through physical activity and learn the value of community service by raising funds for the AHA to help kids with special hearts.
This position will be directly responsible for meeting an overall fundraising goal of $376K. This is a field-based position that requires extensive local travel. The ideal candidate will be located in Pima County.
- Achieve fundraising goal through providing exceptional customer service, account management, initiative and follow-through
- Recruit and manage K-12 school accounts (existing and new) to participate in Kids Heart Challenge within the assigned geographic territory
- Prospect and secure corporate sponsorships; develop and implement year-round pipelines and cultivation plans for sponsorship accounts
- Recruit, train, coach and motivate volunteers in Youth Market products and services
- Identify, recruit and build strong relationships with volunteers including School Districts, Principals, Teachers and Parent Teacher Associations
- Manage customer and campaign information utilizing AHA systems accurate, timely and completely
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in progressively responsible outside sales or fundraising position with a proven track record in meeting sales/fundraising goals.
- Strong cold-calling, relationship-building and customer service skills
- Ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer coaching and management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications and ability to maintain a high volume of account data in a timely and accurate manner
- Highly effective organizational, multitasking, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Willing and able to travel extensively within the territory.Must have valid driver’s license, auto insurance and personal vehicle or other reasonable forms of transportation
- Ability to lift 15-20 pounds to transport supplies and materials
- Knowledge of school market a plus
- Experience in K-12 school sales or fundraising, educational sales
- Track record with corporate sponsorship sales