We have an excellent opportunity available to join our Youth Market Team. Help us advance our mission of building longer, healthier lives by enthusiastically engaging students, parents, school administrators and other partners with the American Heart Association.
The Kids Heart Challenge TM is anchored by two core events, jumping rope and basketball skills, with new cardio-pumping activities. Students develop heart-healthy habits through physical activity and learn the value of community service by raising funds for the American Heart Association to help kids with special hearts.
In this full-time temporary position, the seasonal Youth Market Associate will lead school assemblies and presentations to create excitement and involve students in the Kids Heart Challenge! Other responsibilities include providing assistance to schools throughout the assigned region and helping with administrative support, data management and donation processing.
Extensive local travel is required. We will train the selected candidate on how to deliver our life-saving message to schools. This position may also perform order pickups and order entry as needed.
This is a seasonal position from January up through April 2019.
The successful candidate for this role has a passion for health and the energy, resourcefulness and customer-service orientation to inspire youth, teachers and volunteers to enthusiastic action. Other qualifications include:
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and present to a wide range of audiences from kindergarteners to teens and adults.
- Strong customer service and teamwork orientation
- Superior organizational, detail management and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Tremendous adaptability with ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of participating schools
- Must have reliable transportation. Current driver’s license and insurance required.