The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Sales ( Fundraising) Director , Youth Market in Tacoma. As the Director, you apply proven sales techniques to acquire new and maintain existing schools accounts in the geographic territory of South Puget Sound and the Peninsula down to Chehalis to participate in Kids Heart Challenge/American Heart Challenge, the AHA fundraising and educational school-based programs with a revenue goal of $459,000.
A successful candidate will have fundraising or outside sales experience, a customer service orientation, strong organizational and time management skills, high sense of accountability, detail oriented, good computer skills and self-motivated. Requires a “Road Warrior attitude”.
- Achieves a fundraising goal of $459,000 through the sales and service of the Youth Market products (Kids Heart Challenge/American Heart Challenge) to K-12 school accounts, both current and new, in assigned geographic territory.
- Manages approximately 195 school accounts, both current and new
- Secures cash sponsorships through ongoing year-round pipeline development and cultivation
- Recruits, trains, coaches and motivates volunteers in Youth Market products and services
- Builds strong relationships with volunteers including School Districts, Principals, Teachers and Parent Teacher Associations through outstanding customer service
- 2+ years outside sales or fundraising experience, with proven track record in achieving goals
- Strong cold-calling, relationship-building and customer service skills
- Ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer coaching and management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications and ability to maintain a high volume of account data in a timely and accurate manner
- Highly effective organizational, multitasking, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently during irregular work hours
- Willing and able to travel extensively within given territory. Must have valid driver’s license, auto insurance and personal vehicle or other reasonable form of transportation
- Able to lift 15-20 pounds to transport supplies and materials
Here are some of the preferred experience/skills we are looking for:
- Knowledge of school market a plus
- Experience in K-12 school sales or fundraising, educational sales
- Sponsorship sales
- Strong familiarity with the geographic territory served