The United Way of Greater St. Louis mobilizes the community with one goal in mind — helping people live their best possible lives. To achieve this mission, we emphasize understanding outcomes, benchmarking, innovation, and measuring and communicating impact. To position the organization to achieve these goals, the United Way is seeking an individual who will be responsible for database systems, reporting, data integration, and developing policies, ideas, and procedures. The role will interact with a number of internal (United Way) and external (customer) individuals, and is a key contributing role managing all aspects of data and databases across the organization.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities, but is major contributor to the data department which manages data governance, data standards, information privacy, business intelligence, and reporting.
- This position is the lead contributor of our data team which oversees and supports all data systems across the organization.
- Works as part of the Data team to develop and implement Data Governance and Data Standards for the entire organization.
- Day-to-day management of information technology including databases, integration services, and business intelligence tools.
- Consults with business staff to understand requirements and opportunities to support data-informed decision making.
- Creates and maintains documentation as required to facilitate departmental and corporate operations and completes miscellaneous paperwork including check requisitions, timesheets, etc. in a timely and accurate manner.
- Trains data analyst and business staff in the use of reporting and BI tools.
- Responsible for facilitation and support of cross organizational data needs by creating and improving data, reporting, and BI processes.
- Responsible for creating, documenting, and managing data integration between database systems.
- To perform successfully in this role, the ideal candidate will have a hands-on experience related to managing relational databases and in the use of Microsoft SQL Queries, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, and other Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau, QlikSense, ESRI, etc. is required, as is experience with middleware systems for data integration.
- Hands on experience in creating, validating, and analyzing statistical models and the ability to understand and solve complex business problems and be able to articulate the problems and solutions to all levels of management is necessary.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and outsourced projects preferred but not required.
- Previous work in the nonprofit sector or in Health and Human Services is a plus.