We have an excellent opportunity for a Development Director in Springfield .
The Director will oversee corporate fundraising, volunteer recruitment and management, and event logistics for our Go Red for Women Luncheon and Heart Ball in Springfield and our Go Red for Women Luncheon in Joplin.
The main accountability of the Director is to drive revenue for the events.
- Prospect and secure local corporate sponsorships, individual donations, and auction items.
- Lead recruitment, planning, cultivation and stewardship activities for the Circle of Red giving society.
- Recruit and manage executive volunteer leadership, volunteer committees, and day of the event volunteers.
- Develop profiles on the top businesses within the Springfield and Joplin areas with a documented plan to secure their involvement.
- Execute event logistics based on national best practices.
- Experience in fundraising or outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position’s educational requirement.
- Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1 ½ years experience equates to 1 full-time year of higher education.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including large and small group presentations, group facilitation, and training. Skill in written communications to include clear and concise narrative reports, evaluations and similar narrative pieces.
- Ability to read, comprehend and analyze number goals, as well as fundraising reports. Skill in use of spreadsheet/database analysis.
- Ability to do daily travel up to 75% and overnight travel up to 25%.
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2010 or higher used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets. Advanced knowledge and skill with these programs is preferred. These skills are subject to testing.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds with the expectation that items in excess of 20 pounds would be broken down into smaller components or additional assistance is required before lifting and/or moving.