The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Youth Market Development Director in our Midwest Affiliate. The position will be based in a Home Office located in the Okemos/Southfield Michigan area. Under the direction of the the Senior Director, the Youth Market Development Director is responsible for applying proven sales techniques to acquire new accounts and renew and grow existing accounts related to youth market sites. This is done to achieve revenue generation and program goals. #LI-CS1
- Responsible for recruitment and cultivation of school volunteers in assigned territory for youth market partnership with the American Heart Association.
- Responsible for the account management and American Heart Association cause promotion in schools that are existing accounts and potential accounts within the K-12 market.
- Recruit, train and develop volunteers at multiple levels throughout the schools assigned.
- Establish and maintain superior customer service relations with appropriate contacts within your market area.
- Attend all meetings and trainings mandated or approved by Regional Vice President of Youth Market.
- Performs summer cultivation with school administrators at both the school and district level.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds with the expectation that items in excess of 20 pounds would be broken down into smaller components or additional assistance is required before lifting and/or moving.
- Ability to do daily travel up to 75% and overnight travel up to 25%. Includes ability and willingness to accomplish high levels of travel within assigned territory.
- This includes typically visiting 5-10 schools each day.
- Access to reliable transportation and ability to maintain valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- College coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree. Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1½ years experience equates to1 full-time year of higher education.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position’s educational requirement.
- Must possess excellent marketing, communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to analyze and forecast sales and other numerical data.
- Skill in written and oral communications, consultation and comprehensive planning.
- Ability to recruit, train and counsel volunteers to achieve goals and objectives.
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2010 or higher used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal skills that lead to strong relationships
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Must be goal-driven with a strong desire to succeed
- Ability to collaborate well with others
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.