United Way of King County is a recognized leader in solving the community’s toughest challenges. Come and work for an organization that is working to create a community where people have homes, students graduate, and families are financially stable. We are looking for a Social Media Strategist to join our Brand, Marketing, and Communications Team and be part of the solution!
The Social Media Strategist is responsible for connecting with new audiences on a variety of social platforms to extend our brand and grow awareness. This person is creative and highly motivated by the work we do. This position manages and executes an online strategy that attracts a new audience and engages them in a way that will make them more likely to want to invest in United Way of King County’s work in the community. This position works cross-team to create, curate and manage all published content, video and written.
- Manages our social media presence to drive online awareness of United Way, attract a new audience, and engage them in United Way’s work.
- Builds and manages the annual social media budget to meet engagement goals.
- Generates compelling content that works across social media platforms; facilitates ways to share content ideas across the organization; works with Community Services Team and others to develop relevant content.
- Aggressively grows followers and engagement on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; establishes a presence on LinkedIn.
- Regularly tests converting social media followers to donors.
- Uses social media to engage the Emerging Leader group and helps convert them to donors.
- Works directly with high-level volunteers to promote United Way across all social Media channels.
- Identifies influencers in the community, builds and leverages relationships.
- Tracks and evaluates social media effectiveness across events and campaigns; manages monthly digital dashboard and shares with others to improve future content.
- Coordinates with stakeholders across the organization, including the Brand team, for compelling content in our key product areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Intermediate to advanced fluency in all major social media platforms.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and graphic form.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of Photoshop or other platforms used to create basic graphic content.
- Intermediate proficiency on iMovie to create compelling video content.
- Proven ability to multi-task and thrives in a fast-paced team environment.
- Resourceful in utilizing our strong partnerships to access perks that can help build our online community, leverage resources and build those relationships internally.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven team player and collaborator.
- Demonstrated creativity, innovation and good judgement.
- Three years’ experience with a variety of social media environments and have a firm understanding of trends, best practices and metrics in social media outlets. Experience growing and leveraging communities on social networks. One year budgeting experience preferred.
The annual recruitment range is $57,000-$58,500, depending on successful experience and prior accomplishments.