We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Director to help manage our Heart & Stroke Walk campaign within our Puget Sound Division. The Heart & Stroke Walk is the AHA’s premier event for raising funds to save lives from this country's No. 1 and No. 5 killers – heart disease and stroke.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the Seattle Heart Walk campaign with an overall team goal of $3M, and working alongside three other directors - under supervision of our Senior Director - on selling corporate sponsorships, working with corporate leaders, managing corporate and community teams and generating participant income.
- Ongoing identification, recruitment and activation of an influential, financially strong and inclusive volunteer leadership base to support the campaign.
- Leading effective engagement strategies for team captains and walkers.
- Ongoing management of corporate sponsorship accounts and community involvement.
- Managing peer-to-peer fundraising in participating Heart Walk companies to help achieve revenue goals.
- Ongoing management, implementation and evaluation of events and activities within Heart Walk campaign.
- Development of year-round pipelines and cultivation plans for corporate accounts.
- Active community networking and outreach through 10+ face-to-face meetings on weekly basis with donors, volunteers and sponsor prospects.
- Management of timely communication with the Senior Business Development Director, VP of Development, Executive Director and internal and external customers.
- Minimum two years’ successful experience in fundraising, sales or marketing
- Ability to recruit, train and manage volunteers
- Ability to delegate and accomplish goals through volunteers
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends on occasion
- Experience managing and cultivating high-level leaders at the c-suite level
- Knowledge of corporate and community networks
- Knowledge of AHA’s mission and programs