The American Heart Association (AHA) has an exciting opportunity for a fundraising/sales professional to fill a Business Development Director position in our North Bay Division.
As the Director, you are responsible for a $925,000+ revenue goal generated through year-round fundraising, including a variety of events and activities, in addition to our two large signature campaigns - the Heart & Stroke Walk and Go Red For Women Luncheon.
- Identifying and recruiting a group of an influential, financially strong and inclusive volunteer leadership members to support campaigns
- Activating and motivating volunteer leadership teams through personal and corporate giving and influencing involvement and giving of others
- Maintaining and growing current corporate sponsorship, with a heavy focus on identifying and driving new business
- Developing a year-round pipeline and cultivation plan for corporate accounts and donors
- Managing peer-to-peer fundraising in participating companies to help achieve revenue goals
- Leading effective engagement strategies for campaign participants
- Promoting corporate and community participation through local activities
- Event planning and execution
- Communicating timely with Executive Director and internal and external customers
- Conducting community networking and outreach through 10+ face-to-face meetings on weekly basis with donors, volunteers and sponsor prospects
- 2+ years successful experience in fundraising, sales or marketing
- Demonstrated ability to prospect and secure new business and accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment, training, and management
- Highly effective organizational, negotiations and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Self-starter able to work well in a team-driven environment
- Strong business literacy and professional communication skills including business correspondence and professional writing
- Experience creating and designing professional presentations for community health partners, corporate sponsors and return on investment packages utilizing programs such as Microsoft Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends as needed
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Experience with the AHA or a similar nonprofit organization
- Knowledge of corporate and community networks in the North Bay Area
- Experience working with c-level executives