The Accounting Specialist is a self-motivated team player, who will be responsible for processing Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, cash reconciliation, and other accounting functions as needed.
The following duties are representative of the responsibilities of this position. These assignments may change as the needs and priorities of the organization evolve.
- Receive incoming payments and apply donor pledges and payments in Fundraising Database (Andar 360)
- Reconcile cash logs with bank deposits and entries to in Andar 360 Database
- Weekly processing of Accounts Payable in MIP/Sage; ensure accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices for payment; confirm invoices have proper approval; audit invoices to ensure proper coding; and maintain vendor accounts.
- Work with program staff to process program-specific contractor and grant payments.
- Assist with preparation for annual audits
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Passionate about UWWC’s mission
- Experience with computerized accounting software, specifically accounts payable functions. Must be proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook. MIP or other GL software experience and Andar 360 or donor database software experience desirable.
- Ability to operate general office equipment, including copiers, printers, fax machines and scanners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving and follow-through skills
- Capable of handling multiple projects with competing priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines while anticipating quickly changing needs
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Work both independently and as a collaborative organizational team member
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor, and to represent the organization in a positive manner at all times
- Must have ability to perform work that requires sitting, walking, stooping, bending and lifting up to 25 pounds