We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Development Director in our Bay Area Division to grow our Hard Hats for Heart Campaign. This unique campaign brings together professionals from across the construction and healthcare industries to advance our lifesaving mission.Reporting to the Senior Business Development Director, the Development Director develops and partners with an executive level volunteer leadership team and collaborates with staff, to plan, manage and drive this fundraising campaign responsible for a fiscal year net goal of $1.53 million generated through corporate sponsorship and individual giving.
- Directly responsible for the Hard Hats with Heart campaign through effective volunteer leadership recruitment and engagement, securing new and cultivating existing corporate relationships and individual donors, and collaborating with internal and external partners to expand our mission’s reach across the Bay Area.
- Drive ongoing recruitment, planning, cultivation and stewardship efforts.
- Recruit and engage executive volunteer leadership and volunteer committees, fully equipping them to achieve shared goals.
- Execute campaign management and event logistics within the approved budget and applying best practices for maximum effectiveness.
- Promote AHA initiatives and support and ensure full delivery of corporate partnerships.
- 2+ years successful experience in fundraising, sales or marketing
- Ability to recruit, train and manage leadership volunteers to achieve goals
- Demonstrated track record in B2B networking and outreach including cold calls
- Ability to thrive in a results-driven and collaborative environment with highly effective organization, multi-tasking, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends as needed
Here are some of the preferred experience/skills we are looking for:
- Experience with the American Heart Association or similar non-profit experience in a fundraising position
- Experience in securing high level corporate sponsorship