Communications and marketing professional on United Way Bay Area’s Marketing team is responsible for researching, imagining, aggregating, writing and publishing the ongoing story of United Way Bay Area and its impact in communities across the Bay Area region.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively within marketing internal stakeholders to create and/or distill the most compelling stories and narratives. Will drive awareness, engagement, adoption and loyalty from our customers and core audiences, such as corporate partners, individual donors, policymakers, community leaders and strategic segments. The Director, Content and Communications is also responsible for creating a variety of content across digital and traditional platforms, including Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud. Compelling content will include an annual report, blog posts, brochures, infographics, fact sheets, website copy, social media, success stories, scripts and template communications tools for United Way Bay Area.
In this role the Director, Content and Communications will develop and cultivate effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver communications strategies that clearly articulate and help shape the relationships United Way Bay Area has with its core audiences. Support core content creation about key organizational initiatives. Understand, own, create and execute short- and long-term content strategies for the organization.
- Drive the content management process, to include leading and defining the editorial calendar, creating quarterly messaging guides, and engaging internal stakeholders for strategy messaging and topics gathering.
- Work within the marketing department’s current suite of marketing tools to create, launch and maintain ongoing content development needs.
- Maintain a story bank by capturing, curating, and organizing content from staff, the United Way Network and other sources on an ongoing basis, while leveraging the story bank—and content therein—as a tool for supporting content needs and strengthening the organizational narrative.
- Plan, produce, and publish the organization’s annual report, to include developing content, engaging subject matter experts, explore design elements with the creative team, facilitating the review process, and exploring digital and video components to elevate the organization’s impact and brand.
- Strengthen United Way Bay Area’s narrative and value proposition by serving as lead storyteller, to include producing content for the blog, social media channels, websites, marketing collateral, Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud and other needs.
- Create content within the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud content delivery system as to position UWBA as the CSR partner of choice among employers and employees in the Bay Area.
- Lead content marketing campaigns that target United Way Bay Area, community and corporate partners, and that align with the organization’s priorities.
- Spearhead the content development for collateral (e.g., fact sheets, brochures, reports) in support of program, initiative, product, and organizational marketing, while ensuring the timely delivery of materials.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to build editorial strategies and create new pathways for the collection and promotion of content.
- Provide strategic counsel to internal stakeholders, while serving as an editorial coach for teams, groups, and staff members, as well as organizational initiatives.
- Six to eight years of prior relevant work experience.
- Well-defined track record both as a talented storyteller AND as a relationship-building project manager.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, storytelling, and content creation.
- Proven experience creating and executing strategic communications plans.
- Ability to develop content on traditional and digital platforms.
- Solution-oriented, strategic thinker and communicator.
- Relationship builder and collaborator.
- Results-oriented, project manager.
- Experience creating an organization’s core messaging collateral (annual report, one-page overview, etc.) required.
- Experience with content management platforms essential.
- Experience communicating to corporate and donor audiences.
- Journalist or newsroom background a plus.
Salary: $60,000.00 - 75,000.00 Salary Exempt