The American Heart Association has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Community Impact Director working in our San Diego Division!
The Senior Community Impact Director drives the planning, implementation and evaluation of strategies and plans to achieve health impact goals by focusing in the areas of hypertension, cholesterol, nutrition, obesity, and physical activity. This position leads the integration of population health strategies in collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Develop an overall community action plan that includes engagement and positioning strategies, driving to organizational goals around healthy behavior, which includes blood pressure management, worksite wellness and other health impact initiatives.
- Effectively build a network of meaningful volunteer and partner relationships to create a sustainable culture of health within our vulnerable community. Proactively identify, recruit, orient, and lead volunteers consisting of senior-level executives and community leaders within the market to drive the overall community action plan.
- Drive direct health impact via targeted strategic community alliances (i.e., faith-based institutions, community centers etc.) and corporate relationships (i.e., Top 25 Companies, sponsors, etc.)
- Successfully build and implement a cross-functional hypertension and cholesterol control strategy (high blood pressure management, cholesterol and healthy behavior initiatives) in the market with strong integration of Health Strategies and Development teams.
- Supervises the Health Strategies Coordinator, employs effective management techniques to appropriately develop and engage staff to achieve organizational objectives.
- Minimum 3 years’ related, progressive experience
- Experience building effective teams of staff and volunteers
- Strategic planning and plan execution experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to influence desired outcomes across stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically, analyze market data, identify key trends-both internal and external.
- Master's degree in Public Health or related field
- Prior AHA experience