About [email protected]
[email protected] is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to expand access to career opportunities so that all Americans can work, learn and earn to their full potential in a dynamic economy. Our work aims to leverage and build the collective capacities of employers, educators, tech innovators, social entrepreneurs, and civic institutions to unlock opportunity for over one million Americans in the next decade.
There are millions of individuals who are Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STARs), who gained in-demand skills on-the-job, in the armed forces, in last-mile or workforce training programs, in community colleges, even in community service.
[email protected] aims to build alliances with people, communities, and organizations interested in providing access to jobs for STARs. We aim to reverse the wage decline experienced by STARs with a strategic movement that generates significant focus and investment across the public, social and private sectors.
About the Role
The Opportunity Marketplace is launching in Q2 of 2020 in San Diego. The Customer Acquisition Manager will support the launch and growth by sourcing and identifying sales prospects, cultivating relationships, and ultimately onboarding new customers. They are responsible for lead generation and management, prospect education through sales presentations, and providing excellent customer service from initiation through handoff to the Customer Success Team. This person ideally is based in San Diego or the SF/Bay Area with the ability to travel 50% of the time.
We are looking for a sales expert; someone comfortable building and operationalizing a sales plan. This person should be collaborative and client-centered who can work in a dynamic environment centered around a new and evolving product.
To be successful, this person must be an effective communicator including excellent writing communication, active listening, and compelling presentation skills. Finally, they will need to have the ability to exercise business judgment in order to effectively interpret information, identify patterns and opportunities, and determine a path forward.
This role may start out as a contractor position with the intent to hire when the marketplace is launched in San Diego.
- Responsible for the execution of end to end sales process including prospecting, initial reach out, needs analysis, presentation, overcoming objections, and close
- Manage customer sales pipeline in the CRM database efficiently with a sense of urgency
- Continue building and maintaining the relationship post-sale in partnership with the Customer Success team
- Partner effectively with the Customer Success, Marketplace Operations, Product, and Marketing & Communication teams; understanding their work and needs, providing timely results, feedback, and support
- Proactively understand industry best practices and future of work concepts
- Develop a deep understanding of target audiences and capture audience feedback on Opportunity Marketplace value proposition, features and functionality, messaging and marketing materials to share with internal teams
Required Skills & Experience
- Self-starter with a passion for [email protected]’s mission
- 3+ years B2B sales experience
- And/or a strong network of small to medium businesses in the San Diego area
- Strong record of internal and external stakeholder relationship management experience
- Ability to develop and communicate a sales strategy
- Agile problem solver and comfortable working within ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal skills: executive-level written and oral communication skills
- Experience working for a start-up a plus
Compensation and Benefits
[email protected] offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Some of our benefits include medical/dental/vision, life insurance, both short and long-term disability, flex savings accounts, pre- and post-tax retirement accounts with company match, commuter benefits, professional development funding, flexibility to work remotely when necessary, paid parental leave and generous paid time off.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
[email protected] is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.