This position is for the purpose of helping with 2-1-1 incoming calls. By directing community members to essential resources, this position is key in providing resources and referrals. It is a part-time position, hours to be scheduled within regular business hours 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hours are subject to change as needed due to call volume demands.
- Respond to requests from the community for information about available programs, volunteer opportunities, and human service agencies
- Maintain accurate record of calls received
- Request data from callers and accurately record in database
- Follow call process as required for quality or contract specifications
- Perform follow-up contacts with clients or service providers as needed
- Speak to those in crisis and connect to appropriate agency and/or de-escalate the situation
- Help with promoting the center by occasionally participating in public relation efforts
- Ensures email and after-hours messages are returned within 24 hours and provide necessary reports
- Available for holiday or disaster response phone coverage
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisory personnel
- Proven written and verbal communication skills, active and attentive listening
- Ability to resolve conflicts and difference through dialogue and open communication
- Ability to rebound from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Actively learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, uses both successes and failures as learning and fodder.
- Builds strong client relationships and delivers client-centric solutions. Promotes a positive image of the organization, strives to resolve issues.
- Ability to sense others feelings and how they see things
- Ensures information is complete and accurate, follows up with others to ensure agreements and commitments have been fulfilled
- Ability to adopt and apply digital and technology applications in the workplace
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Demonstrated and documented ability to work with multiple software, databases, and other programs
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google Suite
- High standards of professional ethics and conduct
- Must be able to work in a professional manner with a wide variety of personalities and backgrounds
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) preferred but not required
- The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly and exchange accurate information interpersonal or through communication devices. Must be able to learn new systems and procedures, prepare and analyze data and figures, constantly operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The position requires occasional movement throughout the office to access files, papers, or move supplies weighing up to 25lbs. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
Salary: $20,000 to $30,000 per year