Prospect, sell, and service new and existing insurance accounts for Church Mutual within an assigned territory. Conduct on-site visits to inspect, field underwrite, evaluate exposures, and conduct customer new business, renewal, and service presentations. Provide risk management and risk improvement advice as appropriate. Evaluate exposures and round out customer accounts with appropriate coverage. Investigate and respond to customer inquiries. Maintain customer database and process automated insurance transactions.
- Develop and implement a plan to prospect, sell, and service new and existing insurance accounts.
- Conduct prospecting activities and document in database.
- Conduct on-site customer visits to inspect, evaluate, and document exposures. Provide risk management and risk improvement advice to customers and potential prospects.
- Prepare and conduct on-site sales presentations.
- Provide reports, documentation, expense reports, etc.
- Maintain an insurance license in good standing and a valid driver's license.
- Travel and overnight stays are required.
- Develop and implement a documented plan to prospect, sell, and service new and existing insurance accounts that meet assigned goals and corporate objectives. Within established guidelines, will evaluate and determine eligibility of new business.
- Conduct prospecting activities that support established goals and objectives. Develop and manage prospect files in database. Respond within established time frame to sales leads.
- Working within an assigned territory, will conduct on-site visits to customers to inspect, evaluate, and document exposures and conduct customer sales presentations. As a field underwriter, offer sound risk management and risk improvement advice to customers and potential prospects. Complete insurance application and provide supporting data for processing. Enter system data to process transactions and document all decisions and communications.
- Analyze and provide recommendations and direction to insureds at time of renewal. Work with home office team to make the renewal process timely and complete and to provide exceptional service to the customer.
- Investigate customer complaints/inquiries and provide response in specified time frame.
- Reporting Activities: Complete and maintain database for all sales activities, provide written report(s) to management as directed, complete and process expense accounts, and report nonrenewal and cancellation decisions.
- Attend training seminars, meetings, and conventions as required, including trips to the Home Office for training.
- Maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a property and casualty insurance license.
- Assume temporary additional territory assignments as necessary.
- Previous insurance sales experience not required but would be a plus. A successful work history is essential.
- Must be computer literate using proprietary software and Microsoft Office.
Necessary Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to understand church structure and operation.
- Possess an understanding of risk management and risk improvement issues.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and explain various insurance coverage.
- Ability to learn and use proprietary software and Microsoft products and stay current with changes.
- Able to work independently to specific performance standards and goals.
- Ability to travel, including overnight stays.
- Strong written/verbal presentation and listening skills.
- Demonstrated skills in relationships building, decision making, negotiation, communication, and closing the sale.
- Ability to apply basic math and drafting skills to create building replacement cost estimates and building perimeter diagrams.
Church Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.