We are looking to hire a part-time temporary Development Specialist who will be responsible for working on the RI Heart Walk by handling the company recruitment, company management, sponsorship and volunteer management activities for this event. This position will work roughly 35 hours a week through March 2020, however this position may end at any time based on the needs of the organization. Pay for this position will be $22.50 hourly.
- Recruitment of companies and walkers to participate in the Heart Walk;
- sponsorship and volunteer management;
- responsible for coordinating logistics;
- organizing and motivating volunteers;
- assisting with logistics of auxiliary fundraising events;
- maintaining donor or sponsor databases;
- coordinating event administration, schedules and meetings;
- controlling inventory of marketing, presentation, or fundraising materials;
- preparing financial or operations reports.
In this role, you will be based in our Providence, RI office and will report to the Executive Director.
If you would like to join our team and be a “ Relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives ”, review the preferred skills and experience we are looking for below:
- prior internship or paid experience with the American Heart Association;
- experience working with volunteers;
- proficient with Microsoft Office applications and Customer Relationship Management systems.
To help you be successful you will have access to our award-winning learning platform, the Heart U, as well as various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
Attracting hardworking, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do. Our Rewards & Benefits package not only gives you the total benefits you want, but also goes above and beyond with innovative programs to develop your skills – helping you grow and thrive at the American Heart Association.