Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential.
We’re seeking a Chief Development Officer to lead the Albertina Kerr Centers Foundation in raising philanthropic support to advance Kerr’s mission. You’ll be responsible for fund development and will drive fundraising initiatives, provide leadership and management of Development and Marketing functions, and support a culture of philanthropy.
If you’re an experienced leader with proven success in fundraising and management, this is a great opportunity to make an impact at a large, non-profit organization and support Kerr in continuing our mission of empowering the community’s most vulnerable citizens.
All Kerr employees are required to be fully vaccinated or meet the requirements for a medical or religious exception prior to beginning work.
- Fundraising. Leads identification, qualification, cultivation and solicitation of donors. Creates a compelling case for support and donor funding opportunities. Assures proper donor and volunteer stewardship, recognition and appreciation programs. Oversees management portfolio system, assignments and metrics. Ensures fundraising volume meets targets.
- Leadership. Creates an inspirational working environment and models donor-centered decision making. Demonstrates passion for Kerr’s mission. Develops and implements fundraising event strategy and executes fundraising events. Motivates donors and colleagues to maximize giving.
- Management. Leads the Development function to advance the agency’s interests and mitigate risks. Oversees Marketing and Communications function and related strategies.
- Culture of Philanthropy. Establishes a culture of philanthropy and works with CEO to ensure fundraising strategy is aligned with Kerr’s mission, strategy and goals. Liaisons board for Board Recruitment and Engagement Committee to recruit new board members.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, Development management, or other closely related discipline. Master’s degree or Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification preferred.
- At least ten years’ management experience in Development.
- A demonstrated history of effectiveness in leading the Development function.
- Effective critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills with the ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds. Effective public speaking skills.
- Ability to be entrepreneurial in nature: self-starter; action- and results-oriented.
- Possess independent and mature judgment.
- Ability to organize time effectively, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and manage a large number of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook and donor databases.
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term disability
- Paid internal training and career development
- 7 paid holidays and generous time off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial counseling
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF)
Apply online at www.AlbertinaKerr.org/Careers.