In this temporary position, the Development Associate will be responsible for supporting the Oregon & Southwest Washington Division of the American Heart Association with administrative and project coordination. This includes detailed event logistics coordination, community and volunteer relations, database management/reporting and administrative/clerical support to ensure that we create exceptional experiences for our volunteers, donors and the community overall.
- Provides a wide variety of skilled logistical, administrative, clerical and data management support to assigned campaigns, including the Heart Ball, Go Red For Women and Hard Hats campaigns. Ensures a high quality of service is provided to all staff, volunteers and other external and internal customers.
- Coordinates logistics volunteer committee to plan and execute the logistics of assigned events. Procures necessary resources and in-kind donations. Recruits, manages and engages event volunteers.
- With the Business Development team, implements year-round pipelines and cultivation plans for corporate accounts, ensuring sufficient depth for revenue generation and excellent customer relations. Plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates fundraising events including coordinating the logistics according to best practices, timelines and budget.
- Serves as division Community Relations Coordinator to recruit, orient, and schedule division volunteers in support of various office projects and events. Fields requests for health fairs and speaking engagements and assigns volunteers as needed. Tracks volunteer interactions in appropriate databases.
- Manages customer and campaign information utilizing AHA systems accurately, timely and completely in accordance with established guidelines.
- Creates correspondence and event collateral with precise attention to details.
- Responsible for accurate, timely processing of donations in accordance with established requirements and standards.
- Proactively ensures timely communication with internal and external partners and customers, supporting collaboration in account management and activities to achieve shared goals.
Highly agile team player with professional experience that includes:
- Demonstrated track record in project management with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet specified timelines.
- Ability to organize, plan and execute corporate and community events
- Demonstrated administrative expertise with complex clerical responsibilities and data management
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to develop collaborative working relationships internally and externally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, train and manage volunteers with success in delegating and accomplishing goals through empowering volunteers.