Are you ready to put your dynamic skills to the test? Have you led a team of fundraising staff or corporate sales professionals? If so, take your career to Heart! Learn how you can join our team of hardworking development staff as we lead the charge in funding critical research, advocacy and educational programs to raise awareness about heart disease and stroke and work towards building a culture of health in our communities.
Is it about the money? Sure, but it’s about so much more. To continue the fight against the number 1 and number 5 causes of death in the world, we need dedicated staff who can engage and motivate our past, present and future volunteers and donors to become passionate about our important mission and fundraising strategies.
We are looking for a Senior Development Director – Heart Ball for our Long Island market. In this role you will lead the Hamptons Heart Ball campaign for the region and supervise a Development Director and a Special Events Coordinator.
- Leading the Hamptons Heart Ball and managing a regional director to meet/exceed this year’s annual revenue goal;
- leading development staff in the identification, cultivation and recruitment of C-suite and Upper Level Management volunteer leaders;
- developing and implementing a plan of revenue growth through key fundraising events, strategic market partnerships and philanthropic donors;
- sponsor solicitation, activation, and cultivation while maintaining and stewarding relationships with key corporate and community leaders;
- establish new accounts and cultivate new customers to reach the highest level of revenue generation;
- provide coaching and mentoring to your direct reports to ensure their success;
- building a network of meaningful volunteer partnerships to advance our mission.
You will report to the Executive Director for Long Island and will be based in our Plainview, NY office.
Want to move your resume to the top so that you can become a “Relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives” ? Here are some things to consider:
- you are a strong manager who can coach and mentor staff to use standard methodologies, timelines and volunteer engagement practices to ensure that revenue targets are reached;
- you accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment and management;
- you can successfully, train, direct and supervise staff in a team environment;
- you are proficient in exceeding sales/fundraising goals;
- you have the ability to successfully identify, cultivate, recruit, and maintain relationships with senior level volunteers/customers;
- have phenomenal interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and social skills;
- you can understand and navigate corporate cultures to achieve goals;
- you are willing to work outside normal hours including early morning, evenings and weekends as needed;
- you can travel within your territory daily as well as occasional travel to other locations for meetings or training.
Attracting hardworking, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do. Our Rewards & Benefits package not only gives you the total benefits you want, but also goes above and beyond with creative programs to develop your skills – helping you grow and thrive at the American Heart Association.