Do you want to work for the coolest nonprofit in cancer and join the absolute best team in the industry? What about a chance to make a difference in the lives of millions of people around the world? We are hiring a Director of Development to build relationships with our community and supporters while raising transformative funds to benefit the adolescent and young adult cancer movement. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and lots of energy and passion, we want to hear from you.
Stupid Cancer is the leader in adolescent and young adult cancer advocacy, support, and education. Founded in 2007, Stupid Cancer has spent more than a decade ending isolation, building community, providing education, and redefining quality-of-life for this community. Our mission is to empower those impacted by young adult cancer for the adolescent and young adult cancer community.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Development position is based in Stupid Cancer's New York City headquarters.
The Director of Development will report to the Chief Executive Officer and manage a wide variety of responsibilities across the fundraising channels of Stupid Cancer. S/he will oversee all fundraising efforts, build strong and successful relationships, and maintain communications with donors.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic and comprehensive development plan
- Lead, maintain and expand funding from corporate foundations, family foundations, and individuals
- Collaborate with CEO on identifying and stewarding major gift donors
- Reengage lapsed donors and maintain relationships with current donors
- Collaborate with CEO in securing sponsors and donors for annual conference (CancerCon) and other programmatic efforts, as needed
- Manage donor stewardship and acknowledgment
- Work with staff and contractors on planning and execution of special events, programs, and fundraising initiatives
- Conduct prospect research and update CRM database
- Liaise with staff and contractors on communications initiatives to encourage philanthropic support, recruit volunteer fundraisers, and share stories about our community
- Oversee the preparation of the annual report.
- Prepare development reports and analyses for CEO and Board of Directors
- Minimum 5 years of development experience, with demonstrated ability to raise revenue; seven years in a leadership role
- Online and social media-driven fundraising campaign experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit and sensibility
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-efficiency, low-overhead environment with multiple priorities and demands, with a small but dedicated staff
- Understanding of the young adult cancer movement, digital health, and youth culture
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in working with nonprofits
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to take initiative and think outside the box
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-rounded and diverse computer skills, with the ability to adapt to new programs and applications
- Experience with CRM platforms (Salesforce a plus)
- Social media experience
- Experience in peer-to-peer fundraising
- To be successful as a member of the Stupid Cancer team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to have an impact by working with a dynamic organization
- Be an innovative and creative thinker
- Be a risk-taker
- Be inspirational
- Have a high level of personal and professional integrity
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Salary commensurate with experience.
Eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
To apply, email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected]