The Barry Robinson Center, a nationally recognized children’s residential treatment center that has been improving the lives of children since 1933, seeks a dynamic individual to lead our growing Treatment Foster Care Program. This highly visible position, reports directly to the CEO and is responsible to lead, direct and manage our growing Foster Care program. The ideal candidate will have a passion for foster children and families as well as a proven track record of success. The Barry Robinson Center is located on a 35 acre ‘college campus-like’ setting located on the border of Norfolk and Virginia Beach within the Hampton Roads region. Centrally located in the mid-Atlantic region, the area enjoys mild winters, lots of sunshine and boundless recreational opportunities on the Atlantic Ocean as well as being convenient to Washington DC, Richmond, Charlotte, Philadelphia and other large metropolitan areas.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the child-placing agency including implementation of all child-placing agency programs, policies, procedures, and financial management.
- Collaborate with Director of Finance in the budget preparation to ensure the programs have adequate financial resources; monitor department expenses to ensure a balanced budget.
- Assume responsibility for assuring the recruitment, hiring, orientation, and on-going training of program staff.
- Provide oversight for all Parent Recruitment activities, including implementation, growth and effectiveness, development of recruitment plan and monitoring/measuring staff efforts of implementation.
- Must have Master’s degree. Doctorate preferred. Must be licensed or licensed eligible in the state of Virginia.
- 5 years’ experience in a leadership position, either with a social service agency or program.
- Strong written and verbal communication and team building skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of laws and regulations pertaining to foster care and permanency in Virginia.
- Committed to the non-profit mission.
- Proven track record of growing foster care services. Must have working knowledge of foster parent recruitment and retention. Must have ability to engage with referral sources.
The Barry Robinson Center offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits program that includes:
- Health insurance coverage including medical, dental and vision insurance
- HSA plan option with generous employer contribution
- 403(b) retirement plan with company contribution
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid annual and sick leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee events and activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for advancement
Please apply via our website:
Or the direct application link: