The American Heart Association has an exciting opportunity for a Grants Administrator based out of the National Center office, located in Dallas, TX . This position can be remote, but must live near a major airport.
In this position, you'll be responsible for providing preparation, implementation, monitoring, management and reporting for multiple grants within an assigned portfolio. Grant awards are typically less than $500,000. Responsible for collaborating with staff to ensure timely completion of all grant deliverables, monitoring budgets to ensure appropriate and on-schedule grant spending, and preparing internal and external reports.
- Builds and integrates grant requirements into internal grant funding policies and procedures for monitoring monies and funded activities. Develops and communicates internal record keeping and system requirements to financial management staff and other impacted departments. Coordinates and ensures stakeholders and staff adhere to funding policies and procedures.
- Develops, prepares and distributes grant funded program reports to communicate results, achievement of deliverables and outcomes to comply with donor reporting requirements. Works closely with major gifts staff to provide accurate records to impact stewardship relationship and encourage future funding opportunities. Trains others on funding process and accurate data retention.
- Contributes to development of grant budgets, implementation plans, outcomes and deliverables for funding proposals. Provides input on process for monitoring and reporting based on grant application requirements.
- Stays abreast of changes in foundation funding through attendance as seminars as needed. Develops relationships with foundation program officer(s) and other grant maker representatives. Responds to requests for information and provides reports or documentation for donors in person, via mail or email.
- Provides administration and procedural management of unsolicited foundation gifts and endowment funds as assigned including conducting research, contacting donors or other staff and providing appropriate reporting. Develop relationships to secure renewal of funds as appropriate.
- Participates in or contributes to Mission Advancement projects or assignments.
- Two to five years experience
- Budget development and management
- Project management
- Reporting and correspondence
- Grant outcomes and deliverables
- Ability to travel up to 10% local and overnight stay
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university preferred
- Grants management experience