Reporting to the Director of Institutional Giving, the Sr. Grants Associate will partner with and assist the national Development Team primarily in proposal development, grant writing and reporting as well as researching funding opportunities and maintaining strong records of grants in Salesforce. This role will work closely with the Budget and Compliance Grants Manager, the Development Team, and Program Team leadership across Upwardly Global’s regional offices to collaborate on corporate, foundation and government grant opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this position would be an experienced, pro-active and passionate development professional with a proven record of writing successful grant proposals to a range of donors and demonstrated interest in workforce development and immigration/refugee issues.
- Grant Proposals: Ensure professional, high-quality, comprehensive grant proposals in partnership with the Director of Institutional Giving, including detailed budget and program objectives. Meet with regional program directors on an ongoing basis to ensure grant objectives and goals are being tracked and met in compliance with grant requirements
- Convening the appropriate program leads and members of the grants management team to support the program design process
- Identifying theory of change (including establishing measurable outcomes and impact metrics in partnership with program leads)
- Facilitating project budget creation
- Assigning staff across departments to various proposal components to ensure timely, high-quality proposal submissions
- Reporting: Support timely, high-quality submissions of interim and final reports to current funders as needed, including assigning staff across departments to various reporting components (including financial reporting) to ensure all required elements are up-to-date and complete.
- Prospecting: Conduct ongoing research to build a robust pipeline of opportunities and identify new grant resources including, but not limited to, Corporate, Foundation, Federal, State and Local grant making opportunities that align with and support the Organization’s funding needs and priorities
- Complete other duties and/or projects as assigned
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in grants management and/or nonprofit work or any combination of equivalent experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Experience in foundation and government grant writing a plus
- Experience with immigration or workforce-related services a plus
- Experience with Salesforce and/or other CRM; experience with project management tools such as Asana and a strong technical competency a plus
- Strong ability to tell a compelling story using metrics and data
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Able to work well in a team environment and independently, work effectively under pressure, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research
- Attention to detail without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with proven ability to prioritize projects and follow through with attention to detail and high-level accuracy
- Proven ability to communicate and liaise effectively and diplomatically with colleagues across all levels of the organization, including exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully interact in a multicultural professional environment
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- This is a largely sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 10lbs
$50,000 - $65,000
To apply: Please email your resume, cover letter, and a grant writing sample to [email protected] with Sr. Grants Associate in the subject line.