Go Red for Women is the American Heart Association’s national movement to end heart disease and stroke in all women. Now celebrated in nearly 180 communities nationwide and more than 40 countries across the globe, this movement has raised over $600 million since launching in.
And we are looking for someone extraordinary to be the National Director; someone passionate about creating events and experiences that will capture the hearts and minds of women across the country to drive engagement and raise funds to support our mission. We are looking for a leader with a drive around possibility and the ability to inspire staff and volunteers across the country through a shared vision of revenue growth and program success.
The National Go Red For Women Director can be based anywhere in the United States. The primary responsibility of the Director, in partnership with region leadership, SVP/Executive Directors, and Go Red For Women event staff will be to drive accelerated mission and revenue growth through Go Red For Women community events.
Through the development and sharing of best practices, you will drive more than $70 million in annual revenue. Excellent candidates will have a passion for women’s health with the ability to anticipate trends and translate futurist thinking into actionable strategies to drive revenue growth. Experience in leading a multi-million-dollar event and market, as well as sales, marketing and volunteer development will position this leader for success. The ability to motivate and inspire across all levels of the organization will be necessary in this high-profile role.
In this exciting and high-profile role, you will work with region and market leaders to deliver successful implementation of our core strategies through training, strategic consultation and partnership. Through this significant alignment, you will help our regions and events focus on the highest impact priorities in order to achieve goals while stabilizing a strategic (big picture) focus with day-to-day activities. In addition, you will play a key role in leading the National Go Red For Women committee in driving transformational opportunities for the AHA.
- Ensure that region financial goals are achieved, and strategic priorities are aligned with those of the association
- Help regions and markets focus on the highest impact priorities in order to drive goal achievement, while effectively balancing a strategic (big picture) focus with day-to-day execution
- Monitor and analyze external and internal trends and develop benchmarks, standard methodologies, priorities and focus areas for top markets
- Develop and implement the overall strategic direction and any project management for the Go Red For Women luncheons and field campaign
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop strategies to significantly increase AHA’s revenue and mission impact
- Work directly with the National committee members to drive transformational opportunities
- Develop and execute the field marketing playbook and execution in areas such as corporate recruitment, individual giving, sponsorship, volunteer leadership development, customer experience and campaign analysis for the National team
- 6+ years’ experience in a similar role or in a role leading a million-dollar campaign with year over year growth
- Consistent record of success in corporate sponsorship and fundraising and leading cross-functional team
- Skilled in oral and written communications
- Ability to be compatible with all levels of staff
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Skilled in planning projects and working against deadlines to provide end product
- Skilled in campaign oversight and reporting
- Ability to travel overnight up to 40%