Habitat for Humanity Suffolk builds decent, safe and affordable housing throughout Suffolk County, New York. The Development Manager provides overall management and coordination of fundraising efforts for Habitat Suffolk.
- Develop and execute an annual fundraising plan that includes support from foundations, major donors, corporations, and individuals
- Work closely with senior staff to set fundraising strategy consistent with our programmatic goals
- Increase and diversify revenue streams to help build programmatic and organizational capacity
- Identify opportunities and effectively execute strategies for enhancing relationships with the philanthropic community as well as potential corporate partners.
- Work with Grants Manager to produce timely submissions of proposals, budgets, updates and annual reports to corporate, foundation, and other sponsors
- Ensure development records are reconciled with accounting records, timely acknowledgements are sent, donor and prospect files are maintained and the database is maintained.
- All additional tasks as required and necessary
- 3+years professional experience in non-profit fundraising or development.
- Ability to work 40+ hours/week, including some weekends and evenings.
- Empathetic to Habitat for Humanity’s mission
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of development and strategies and how they can be supported by diverse activities
- Strong selling skills combined with good interpersonal skills to work successfully with individuals and groups at all levels
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Creative thinking and implementation skills
- Strong working knowledge of fundraising package, Microsoft Office and CRM software (ex. HubSpot) as well as social media applications
- Association of Fundraising Professionals or other fundraising certification
Offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow.