We have an excellent opportunity for a Development Director, Go Red for Women in Madison.
The Development Director will oversee fundraising, volunteer recruitment and management, and event logistics for our Go Red for Women Luncheon.
The main accountability of the Director is to drive revenue for the event.
To help you be successful you will have access to our award-winning learning platform the Heart U as well as various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
- Prospect and secure local corporate sponsorships, individual donations, and auction items.
- Lead recruitment, planning, cultivation and stewardship activities for the Circle of Red giving society.
- Develop profiles on the top businesses within the Madison area with a documented plan to secure their involvement.
- Recruit and manage executive volunteer leadership, volunteer committees, and day of the event volunteers.
- Execute the event logistics based on national best practices.
- Promote non-fundraising and 3rd party Go Red for Women campaign initiatives as it relates to corporate partnerships.
- Work closely with a Communications Director to develop and manage a promotion/communications plan for the event.
- 2+years of experience in fundraising or outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position’s educational requirement.
- Knowledge of community organization, sales, fundraising, and marketing principles, practices, techniques, and trends.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including large and small group presentations, group facilitation, and training. Skill in written communications to include clear and concise narrative reports, evaluations and similar narrative pieces.
- Ability to read, comprehend and analyze number goals, as well as fundraising reports. Skill in use of spreadsheet/database analysis.
- Ability to do daily travel up to 75% and overnight travel up to 25%.
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2010 or higher used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets. Advanced knowledge and skill with these programs is preferred. These skills are subject to testing.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds with the expectation that items in excess of 20 pounds would be broken down into smaller components or additional assistance is required before lifting and/or moving.