The Director, Estate and Gift Planning is a part of a team responsible for over 15% of the organization’s revenue, second only to our well-known “Relay for Life” and other special events. The Director, Estate and Gift Planning builds relationships with planned giving prospects and donors in addition to estate and financial planning professionals.
- Document $750,000 to $1,300,000 in new gifts Net Present Value;
- Meet personally with prospects, donors and professional advisors (220 face-to-face scheduled contacts annually) to discuss the American Cancer Society, Inc.’s cancer control, research, patient services programs and planned giving services;
- Submit minimum of 24 proposals of $10,000+ within a fiscal year in support of the American Cancer Society mission;
- Manage a portfolio of qualified, active prospects through various stages of moves management;
- Maintain a high level of expertise regarding state and federal taxes, gift and estate giving methods and the legal aspect of charitable giving;
- Build relationships with the planned giving prospects and donors, and with estate and financial planning professionals;
- Provide prospects, donors and professional advisors with information and materials about the American Cancer Society, Inc.’s local and national cancer control services, support groups and research programs;
- Coordinate suggestions for planned giving vehicles with the prospects and their advisors in order to meet their estate/financial planning goals and those of the ACS;
- Develop a Planned Giving Implementation Plan;
- And maintain a general knowledge of American Cancer Society Inc.’s local and national cancer control services, support groups and research programs;
- Coordinates with all ACS departments;
- Coordinates with Divisions, Donors, advisors and gift officers as needed;
- 3+ years experience in major and/or planned giving fundraising, or equivalent experience as an attorney, CPA, CFP, etc.
- Advanced planned giving and/or tax training are preferred.
Demonstrates the following Major Gifts/Planned Giving Competencies:
- Customer focus, Strategic mindset, Action oriented, Drives results, Interpersonal savvy, Builds networks, Persuades, Being resilient.
- Experience with planned giving software is preferred.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including telephone etiquette.
- Impeccable organizational skills; able to handle multiple projects
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.