This opportunity with our dynamic Youth Market team is responsible for advancing the American Heart Association’s mission through directly driving online participation and revenue through our Kids Heart Challenge and American Heart Challenge– initiatives designed for students to develop heart-healthy habits through physical activity and learn the value of community service by raising funds for the AHA to help kids with special hearts.
- Plans, manages, executes and evaluates the sales and service of Youth Market programs with a focus on growing online fundraising to drive revenue and participation with bottom-line accountability for achieving revenue goals.
- Supports the development and implementation of online fundraising and engagement strategies through analyzing and interpreting fundraising data to increase participation and online giving.
- Provides ongoing consultation and support to participating and prospective schools including contacting schools in person, by email and by phone to ensure they are fully utilizing available strategies and tools. This includes promoting and supporting taking advantage of online giving opportunities. Provides support to schools at event completion to ensure a positive experience and follow up on any questions and pending items or donations.
- Directly services the highest fundraising schools to help them in their efforts to use online giving by providing support and guidance.
- Conducts research on school websites to ensure accurate information exists for volunteers, teachers, superintendents and their support staff to ensure accurate database information and provides guidance and resources to field staff.
- Establishes and maintains superior customer relations with appropriate contacts within Youth Market sites.
- Manages customer and campaign information utilizing AHA systems accurately, timely and completely in accordance with established guidelines.
- Proactively communicates and coordinates efforts and timelines with staff and volunteer partners to ensure maximum collaboration aligned with achieving campaign goals.
- Takes initiative to act on what is needed to fully meet the responsibilities of the position and the overall team.
Three or more years of experience in:
- Fundraising and/or sales experience with a proven track record of meeting financial goal
- Experience analyzing and interpreting sales/fundraising data and utilizing data to improve sales/fundraising strategies and execution
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to develop collaborative working relationships internally and externally
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed (30%) with reliable transportation and current/valid driver’s license and insurance
- Knowledge of school markets
- Experience working with geographically distributed team/customers
- Knowledge of social media, apps and online donation platforms
- Bilingual English/Spanish