The Executive Director has overall responsibility for managing the financial and human assets of United Way of Lincoln and Lancaster County. The Executive Director needs to be a proven leader with significant experience in nonprofit volunteer leadership. This position must demonstrate a passion and commitment for the role United Way plays in the community. The Executive Director must be able to work in partnership with the board and volunteers to forge and strengthen the network of relationships with corporations, governments, agencies, and other stakeholders key to accomplishing its mission.
Skilled Developer of Resources
- Demonstrates a track record in organizing fundraising campaigns. This includes personally playing an active role in developing financial commitments from major donors.
Champions Strategic Community Impact Perspective
- Highly effective in communication with a vision and uses strategic capabilities.
Manages Staff Effectively
- Manages staff resources, effectively aligning structure and accountabilities to support organizational goals and the mission. Allocates time for developing, coaching, and mentoring senior leaders and employees in key roles, and top performing talent.
- Demonstrates results in building effective, inclusive relationships with leadership volunteers, staff, corporations, government, agency executives, and other diverse stakeholders in a multicultural environment to accomplish major mission-driven outcomes.
Possess Financial and Resource Management Acumen
- Successfully manages financial resources, including development of operating budgets, establishing and monitoring sound internal controls, and strong accountability for all funds and property of an organization. Demonstrates results in handling complex issues related to resource management. Sets clear and measurable goals for top executives and the organization as a whole.